If Disney/Fox deal is completed, what will that mean for Fight Nights?

Gangstub

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Will we get Disney Princess ads in the middle of the octogon? What could that mean for the UFC? I don't see Disney letting the UFC bullshit them with lackluster Big fox cards. But I also see Disney wanting WMMA title fights on free TV.

New Ring Girls

princess-lingerie.jpeg

Will we get Disney Princess ads in the middle of the octogon? What could that mean for the UFC? I don't see Disney letting the UFC bullshit them with lackluster Big fox cards. But I also see Disney wanting WMMA title fights on free TV.

Nothing
Fox networks are not included

Not all of Fox’s assets will go to Disney. The company will retain Fox News, the Fox broadcast network, and Fox Sports 1, which will be reconstituted into a new, independent company. According to CNBC, that would be worth roughly $10 a share. As part of the deal, Fox shareholders will get a stake in the new company, along with shares of Disney.

The whole thing is based around Disney's streaming service that's set to launch, so there could be a push to move all streaming of the fights through their service. A big if on tbe deal going down though, thats basically an entertainment monopoly

Means that Sage can fight Donald Duck on Main event!

Hopefully it means cards on ESPN. I was reading somewhere the 18-34 M demographic is significantly better at ESPN than Fox sports.

Lomachenko - Rigodoneux drew 1.7 million there on Saturday.

Nothing since the deal does not include Fox sports. Learn to read.

Nothing

Not all of Fox’s assets will go to Disney. The company will retain Fox News, the Fox broadcast network, and Fox Sports 1, which will be reconstituted into a new, independent company. According to CNBC, that would be worth roughly $10 a share. As part of the deal, Fox shareholders will get a stake in the new company, along with shares of Disney.
I swear people do not read anymore. Reading nothing but headlines and short attention spans are going to kill our species.

Disney is making bank on the new Star Wars movie I know that. ESPN is actually a drain on them. ESPN is the most expensive channel on cable besides premiums like HBO. They overpaid for broadcasting rights. It is killing them. I wish Disney would can it.

As of now, 21st Century Fox would keep Fox News, Fox broadcast network, and Fox Sports. Only Fox entertainment businesses (FXX and studios) are subject to the merger deal. All of that said, I doubt the FCC would approve a merger of two of the largest news providers (ABC/Disney and Fox).

Edit: FrankieNYC beat me to it

Nothing

Although, Fox will have an infusion of billions of dollars and fewer properties to focus on, so it might actually be really good for UFC on Fox. Might expect improved production?

Although, Fox will have an infusion of billions of dollars and fewer properties to focus on, so it might actually be really good for UFC on Fox. Might expect improved production?

I agree
I was just keeping it factual as far as what we know now.

Hopefully it means cards on ESPN. I was reading somewhere the 18-34 M demographic is significantly better at ESPN than Fox sports.

Lomachenko - Rigodoneux drew 1.7 million there on Saturday.

well loma/rigo was also a marquee matchup

Back