Dos Anjos vs. Lawler is a LEGIT champion vs. champion fight

sirmorbach

These violent delights have violent ends
@Black
Reaction score
These guys were as close as old school champions we get not long ago. They went through legit contenders and held onto their belts for a while.

They lost their championship belts, true that, but since then Robbie beat Cerrone and RDA proved that he can hang in the welterweight division just fine.

Let us take a moment and appreciate this legit champion vs. champion fight. No bullshit, no fake beef, no controversy. Two awesome fighters in a close matchup.

<{JustBleed}>

2FD14CAA00000578-0-image-a-2_1452557946992.jpg

ce8d1798-ff5d-4156-8964-cbc41248e127-spkhchglczlmg2ph4bqf9i5-w7m98m2-hbj2c6hdp8n-4377223015.jpg

Top thread.

I'm ready for this one. I'm rooting for RDA to win and look incredible in doing so but I have my doubts.

Very interesting fight, I’m hoping RDA pulls it off.

Robbie Lawyer is so old school that he is over the hill and expired ling time ago. He won't be champ again. Sadly.

Imagine this ends up becoming a snooze fest? I really hope not.

I need to stay off the internet saturday night.

I'm watching boxing and DVR the UFC.

I think this is an amazing fight, but it's a bit disingenuous to compare the two's title runs. RDA had one defense against an overwhelmed Donald Cerrone while Lawler went to war for two years and came out on top. Either way, love both of these guys. Should be an exciting show.

I agree a year and a half ago this is a legit super fight that would have kids on sherdog frothing.
Now not many really care, shows you the type of sheep that lurk this site.

I agree a year and a half ago this is a legit super fight that would have kids on sherdog frothing.
Now not many really care, shows you the type of sheep that lurk this site.
I had never looked at it from this angle. You´re right, less than 2 years ago and this fight would´ve been considered a JBG clash of titans.

It's a great Champion vs Champion fight, between 2 guys that aren't Champions.

These guys were as close as old school champions we get not long ago. They went through legit contenders and held onto their belts for a while.

They lost their championship belts, true that, but since then Robbie beat Cerrone and RDA proved that he can hang in the welterweight division just fine.

Let us take a moment and appreciate this legit champion vs. champion fight. No bullshit, no fake beef, no controversy. Two awesome fighters in a close matchup.

<{JustBleed}>

ce8d1798-ff5d-4156-8964-cbc41248e127-spkhchglczlmg2ph4bqf9i5-w7m98m2-hbj2c6hdp8n-4377223015.jpg
Is the legit Champion vs Champion match... and by legit you mean they're not a legit Champions... lol.

Awesome fight tough.

Is the legit Champion vs Champion match... and by legit you mean they're not a legit Champions... lol.

Awesome fight tough.
Well, once a champion always a champion. It’s a mental thing breh

Yes we need this kind of fight in the mix, drama fan or not.

Going to be a tough fight. I think Robbie will win but I'm also worried he'll take a couple of rounds off and that is where RDA will start trying to wear him down even more. I hope Robbie can put him away fairly early, if it's a razor thin decision win for Ruthless it's just more of an excuse for Woodley to not want to defend the belt against him.

<{JustBleed}>

RDA defended once. I wouldn't call that a "while"

Back