Should the UFC do less PPVs per year?

notori0us1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think having 12 PPVs per year is a ludicrous amount to expect your fans to purchase especially given some of these are doing atrocious numbers (100-200k range). I think they should cut it down to 4-5 PPVs per year and stack these up with multiple belts and make them huge by putting a lot of their resources into promoting and building up those few PPVs. It's better to average 800-1m buys in these few PPVs and give your fans plenty of free events throughout the year than expect them to buy a PPV every month just because someone is fighting for a title. This also allows the UFC to be able to put more interesting fights for free to gain new viewers which can help the networks as well. I think this is a good way to counter the declining PPV sales and the fact that not every title fight deserves to be on PPV. The PPV model is not going to be viable forever and is slowly dying and this is a good way to transition to the new era.

Thoughts? What do you guys think is the future of PPV?

The more PPV's the better as far as im concerned, the good one's I buy and the average one's I stream. I know a lot of people have been annoyed about the card every weekend stuff and I understand that having cards too frequently can create saturation but as long as they hire new talent I prefer the more regular events.

No. They should keep doing what they're doing, but also offer a yearly fight pass subscription at $400 which includes every pay per view. I've got no issue with their current model. The more fights the better. Matchups matter, not names.

No. They should keep doing what they're doing, but also offer a yearly fight pass subscription at $400 which includes every pay per view. I've got no issue with their current model. The more fights the better. Matchups matter, not names.
yeah oath like a season pass type thing, ive been wondering why they dont have that for years! This will reduce the amount of illegal stream significantly its a no-brainer!

We can have those fights without PPV.

I agree with the yearly subscription. I think most people would be willing to pay for something like that. Though $33 per month is too much. $25 is more than reasonable and will be suitable for many people.

yeah oath like a season pass type thing, ive been wondering why they dont have that for years! This will reduce the amount of illegal stream significantly its a no-brainer!
They would first have to invest some money into improving the Fight Pass platform. It's fucking atrocious. Very laggy and overall shit quality.

The more the better, I am always for quantity over quality though.

They would first have to invest some money into improving the Fight Pass platform. It's fucking atrocious. Very laggy and overall shit quality.
yeah i have fightpass I cant remember what event it was but like the main event was having a finishing sequence and they randomly switch the display to an empty press conference, also mayweather vs mcgregor it literally died and yeah that "we are experiencing technical difficulties screen" with the white background and music comes up way too frequently.

yeah i have fightpass I cant remember what event it was but like the main event was having a finishing sequence and they randomly switch the display to an empty press conference, also mayweather vs mcgregor it literally died and yeah that "we are experiencing technical difficulties screen" with the white background and music comes up way too frequently.
Yes I like to watch old fights all the time. It's one of the worst platforms to stream on. It needs a lot of improvement. WME are money hungry so I doubt they will do anything until its too late.

I think we should do less of these threads.

Just don’t buy the ones that don’t excite you

Fuck PPVs. Lately, because of that shit UFC turned into a circus.

It would be great for the viewer to have some of the lower selling PPVs on Fox or FS1. A lot of great fights and rising stars are going largely unnoticed because they aren't stars yet and their hidden behind a pay wall most consider too high.
For this to happen though the next TV offer would have to make it profitable for UFC to move these events off PPV.

Back