What is the worst prolonged beatdown in your opinion

CalvilloRay

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I just rewatched Matt Brown vs Erick Silva again and man, kid got his ass whooped for a while before the stoppage

I know there’s a bunch of others but I’m tired as fuck and I’ll let you all chime in

Rockhold vs Weidman was close initially but once Rockhold took over it should have been stopped a lot sooner...

Cain/Dos Santos II and III. Junior took way too much punishment over the course of those 2 fights for my liking. I personally believe that Cain beat the soul out of Junior in those 2 fights and he has never ever looked the same to me since.

Yoshida vs Thompson in Pride. The ref dragged his limp body back in the ring for more punishment.

Hunt - Nishijima

When GSP beat Jon Fitch for 25 minutes

jon-fitch-cuts1.jpg

Conor/Aldo.

Should've been stopped ages before that hammer fist landed.

Semmy Schilt vs Sergei Kharitonov.

Semmy was litterally groaning in pain for about 5 minutes during a ruthless GnP barrage. Brutal shit, those groans haunt me to this day.

2uqoufm.gif

<DCrying>

A lot of GSPs fights. He wasn’t really finishing his opponents off after the Serra loss, but man, a lot of them were brutal one sided beatdowns.
Jon Fitch, BJ Penn, Koscheck, Hardy... he made those guys (who had been on a tear) look like it was their first day on the job.

Last edited:
Cain/Dos Santos II and III. Junior took way too much punishment over the course of those 2 fights for my liking. I personally believe that Cain beat the soul out of Junior in those 2 fights and he has never ever looked the same to me since.

I came here to say this, but you beat me to it. Those were a couple savage beatings Dos Santos took.

Hunt vs Stipe was another fairly prolonged beat down, especially in the later rounds.

Last edited:
came to say rockhold weidman...
but saw someone say stipe hunt and agree..

both those were way past due wen they were stopped

Stipe/Hunt
Igor/Enson
Good call on Stipe/Hunt

Bader/Perosh was one sided and sustained. Frye/Bitetti went on and on....old school arse whipping. Penn/Sanchez went on for a long time and Sanchez was a wreck at the end.

GSP/Fitch.
GSP/Penn 2
GSP vs Koscheck's right eye
Cain/JDS 2 and 3
Stipe vs Hunt
Fedor/Herring
Frankie/Penn
Aldo vs Faber's left thigh
Bones/Shogun
RDA/Pettis
Ferguson/Thomson is an underrated one.

Many many more that I can't think of right now.

Saku/Smirnovas was a beating that Saku somehow managed to turn into a win. That guy sure could take his licks.

Kinda reminds of the Duffee/Russow fight. Russow was getting the tar kicked out of him for 2 and half rounds and then BAM! and a little boop and it was all over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back