What are the factors that makes male MMA superior to female MMA?

Ragnus

K-1 Heavyweight Champion
@Green
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of hatred for women's MMA on my beloved Sherdog and I must admit this is fairly warranted. Something instinctually within me prefers watching the male MMA athletes perform compared to the females, but I need your help Sherdogger's to understand why this is? Is it because the female scene hasn't fully developed yet? Is it because the women's weight-classes are lighter in weight and whether male or female, lighter weight-classes suck? Is because of there biological make-up? Is there something instinctually in me that doesn't like to see women get beat up? Is it because of the difference between male and female psychology and maybe endocrine factors in relation to their desire to fight?

Males are bigger, stronger, more athletic, skilled etc.

Plus I dont really enjoy wstching women get punch in the face or having wmma shoved down our throats.

MMA is a man's sport, women can go do what they enjoy doing. Such as taking selfies, buying cloths they wear once and taking Instagram pictures of their food whilst leaching off their partners.

/end rant

Last edited by a moderator:
Males are bigger, stronger, more athletic, skilled etc.

Plus I dont really enjoy wstching women get punch in the face or having wmma shoved down our throats.

MMA is a man's sport, women can go do what they enjoy doing. Such as taking selfies, buying cloths they wear once and taking Instagram pictures of their food whilst leaching off their partners.

Is what I wrote above sexist? Maybe, maybe go f*ck yourself.

/thread

I fixed it for you

I think one of the big factor's also is Men's MMA is so much more advanced.

Athleticism, speed, power, size, skill, deeper talent, etc.

I enjoy both, bro but mens MMA is just much more violent. Thats why its levels above wmma

Lot of them look so awkward striking. Lots of Matt Riddlling going on. And this is at the top 15 of the women’s division too. Then you have fighters whiffing punches despite having full mount. Or fighters landing 1000 strikes but the other fighter still looks fine

I mean, have you seen a girl throw a ball?

Yes I have, and it was pretty pathetic as hell.

tumblr_mpziak5fGP1s5e5bko3_r1_400.gif

Lot of them look so awkward striking. Lots of Matt Riddlling going on. And this is at the top 15 of the women’s division too. Then you have fighters whiffing punches despite having full mount. Or fighters landing 1000 strikes but the other fighter still looks fine
While the understand the point you're making .. I can easily point out male equivalents doing the same. Chael and Maia being prime examples as #1 contenders.

While the understand the point you're making .. I can easily point out male equivalents doing the same. Chael and Maia being prime examples as #1 contenders.
you're talking about outliers , as a whole i'm fairly positive that womens striking technique is substantially worse than men.

I disagree though, Chael and Maia’s striking isn’t that bad until they start doing spinning or flying stuff. Or in Maia’s case, when he gasses. I guess my point is that their striking though awkward, still looks loads better than most WMMA fighters in the end

Wmma at its peak its like watching top 20 males in terms og technique. Dunno why since they train with dudes all day long.

Back