Bigger Upset In Your Eyes: Bisping KO'ing Rockhold or Serra TKO'ing GSP

LTorino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I know GSP is much more accomplished fighter than Rockhold, but getting caught by someone heavy-handed like Serra happens. Rockhold going out cold in the 1st round against Bisping still makes zero sense; Bisping had an entire career of laying into gassed fighters for rounds and rounds without a KO and he usually struggled with guys while they were fresh. The first Rockhold-Bisping fight was as thorough an outclassing as you will see in the UFC; similarly, GSP-Serra 2 was as well. I say Rockhold being KO'd by Bisping is a bigger upset.

Serra, but that Bisping KO is easily in my top 3 favorite humblings

Serra... Not even close. St Pierre should have destroyed him. Just like the rematch.

Because why not

w5Xyf3Jh6IZKs8G42vGs7cG6jyOthbyC1obucs7f1O0.gif

serra/gsp. hooters literally went silent.

Well, we all knew Luke was chinny although I thought he had that one in the bag.

Serra, GSP is the GOAT. Rockhold is just good. If you compare Bisping to Serra it's no comparison. Bisping is top 10 Greatest MW of all time based on his accomplishments. Serra on the other hand wouldn't be top 50 WW's

Well, we all knew Luke was chinny although I thought he had that one in the bag.
Exactly. Luke could have been the best ever at that division with his physical tools but he goes night night sometimes.

Serra was what, +700? The public had that fight really lopsided.

Serra, GSP is the GOAT. Rockhold is just good. If you compare Bisping to Serra it's no comparison. Bisping is top 10 Greatest MW of all time based on his accomplishments. Serra on the other hand wouldn't be top 50 WW's
C'mon man Serra definitely makes top 50, you have to give him credit for holding the title even if it was a fluke

NOTHING WAS BETTER THAN SEEING THE QUITE OF CANNER FANS EATING SHIT WHEN THEIR HERO TAPPED AND BEGGED TO STOPPED THE FIGHT
VS A MAN 3 FEET TALLER AND 60LBS HEAVIER IN NATE!!!

Easily Serra. GSP is an ATG, rockhold is just really good.

Everybody is gonna say Serra vs. GSP but that Rockhold fight was pretty god damn shocking. Everything TS said, plus the fact that Bisping was coming in on two weeks notice and said himself that he started training at 208 pounds and wasn't gonna have the cardio to go five rounds so he'd have to rely on an early finish... something Bisping was never known for.

Back