Carmouche/Davis

Ingjr

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of womens MMA but I had to comment on the Carmouche/Davis fight. When I first watched it I though Liz won it but a pretty big margin. Watched the replay yesterday and thought Liz won it by a large margin. Decided to turn to Fight Metric to see the stats and my thoughts were more than confirmed. Liz out struck her by a 2 to 1 margin and had 4 take downs compared to one on Davis. Did I miss something? Seems to me that Carmouche got the short end of the deal once more. I've been a fan of hers since she almost choked out Rousey in the initial title fight. I hate to see her get cut on a clear win over Alexis. Thoughts?

I've only seen it once, but I knew immediately after the final bell that it could go either way. It depends on how you scored the armbars, as well as the strikes.

Large margin? No way. I had it scored for Davis 29-28. Close enough fight that it wouldn't have been a robbery either way though.

Wouldn't bother me at all if Carmouche got cut. She's 3-4 in the UFC, and still ranks in the top ten at women's bantamweight. What a joke.

I didn’t see the fight, but that hematoma was bigger than Demetrius.

Very close fight. Decision could have gone either way. But Davis had an extra forehead after the fight.

Davis 29-28, Liz didn't much on top position other than defending herself.

And no way she should be cut, only lost to elite fighters: Ronda, Tate and Davis.
There's at least 50+ athletes with worse records at UFC and WFLW is shallow, what a stupid suggestion.

I think Carmouche could have kept the outcome from any doubt if she had just had the good sense to stand up in the 3rd round during those times that the opportunity presented itself. She had rocked Davis and swollen up Davis's face via standing strikes, so getting the fight back to standing would have been Carmouche's key to a clear victory, in my opinion. Instead, she showed poor fight I.Q. and fought down on the mat unnecessarily, where Davis could tangle her up with armbar attempts.

also take into account davis looked like a mongaloid after the fight.

Back