RDA for sure gets the next title shot if he beats Lawler, right?

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
RDA has to get the next title shot if he beats Lawler, and it shouldn't even be up for debate. What say you, Sherdoggies?

And holy crap, this is such an awesome fight, and it's going down this weekend! Was expecting a crap ton of threads on this fight.

Honestly, I think RDA wins this, just because Lawler's a bit long in the tooth at this point, while RDA's relatively fresh in comparison, and has looked better than ever, since he doesn't have to make that big cut, and has a new goal, and a title shot just in reach.

Who you guys got?

Colby Covington and Stephen Thompson deserve title shots before RDA.

tumblr_olyqq7Xuok1rofocqo1_500.gif

Woodley's shoulder + GSP colitis

They could make RDA/Lawler winner Vs Colby tbh.

Yes if RDA wins, and in impressive fashion, he should get the next title shot.

Colby Covington and Stephen Thompson deserve title shots before RDA.

Title shots off their Maia or Masvidal fights?!?! Disgraceful.
<DisgustingHHH>

What the UFC really needs in a WW interim title.

Yes of course. Even uncle dana told it in an interview. But you know dana, he can say he was never my friend.

iv1uy.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Depends on how he wins.

Id prefer Woodley/Colby & RDA/Thompson. I think beating Maia, who did much better against Condit & Woodley than Lawler did, is more impressive than beating war-torn Lawler

Depends on how he wins.

Id prefer Woodley/Colby & RDA/Thompson. I think beating Maia, who did much better against Condit & Woodley than Lawler did, is more impressive than beating war-torn Lawler

Colby's resume is extremely pedestrian though, and he just came out of nowhere. And on that note, WTF is up with the UFC, and having these random guys that main event, or get big fights, just come out of nowhere, and they treat them like we know who they are, or have been on crazy win streaks???

It seems like every 4th or 5th event, there's some new guy that randomly fights a top ranked opponent, and you have NO IDEA who tf he even was, because of how many damn fighters they have.

I think Lawler should have got a title shot. Long time champ and got caught cold. Lawler beats RDA next and then gets his well deserved title shot.

Yes if RDA wins, and in impressive fashion, he should get the next title shot.

Title shots off their Maia or Masvidal fights?!?! Disgraceful.
<DisgustingHHH>
You think beating Lawler should?
Hos win over cowboy was very contrevercial, and Till destroyed Cowboy after.
Plus Robbie was oit for a long ass time, while Maia just went the distace with the champ.

I agree that Wonderbread needs to prove more, cause he had 2 tries in a row at the title recently.

You think beating Lawler should?
Hos win over cowboy was very contrevercial, and Till destroyed Cowboy after.
Plus Robbie was oit for a long ass time, while Maia just went the distace with the champ.

I agree that Wonderbread needs to prove more, cause he had 2 tries in a row at the title recently.

If RDA finished Lawler that'd be more than enough for me to award him a title shot over a Thompson trilogy and an on paper boring Colby match up.

If RDA finished Lawler that'd be more than enough for me to award him a title shot over a Thompson trilogy and an on paper boring Colby match up.
You really shouldn't award anybody shit for having a fan friendly style... but if you said you would prefer it for your viewing pleasure, that's a different story.
The thing is, Colby already beat Maia in a more impressive fashion than Woodley, but I doubt RDA can ever outdo what Ty did to Robbie.

You really shouldn't award anybody shit for having a fan friendly style... but if you said you would prefer it for your viewing pleasure, that's a different story.
The thing is, Colby already beat Maia in a more impressive fashion than Woodley, but I doubt RDA can ever outdo what Ty did to Robbie.

1. I would prefer it for my viewing pleasure.
2. With a win over Lawler, RDA will have the highest ranking win among current contenders.
3. RDA may not replicate Woodley's dominate performance over Robbie, but he doesn't have to as long as it is an action fight, and Lawler has a habit of getting into those. I am imagining a war where at the end either man as victor will look deserving of a TS.
4. With his credentials as a former champion RDA is an easier fight to sell. History has also shown that former champs have a shorter line to the belt when they enter a new division and can supersede those with impressive win streaks (e.g. Conor, GSP, Pettis).

Fuck it, lets do a Welterweight tournament.

Come on UFC, or else Bellator wins once again!

RDA has to get the next title shot if he beats Lawler, and it shouldn't even be up for debate. What say you, Sherdoggies?

And holy crap, this is such an awesome fight, and it's going down this weekend! Was expecting a crap ton of threads on this fight.

Honestly, I think RDA wins this, just because Lawler's a bit long in the tooth at this point, while RDA's relatively fresh in comparison, and has looked better than ever, since he doesn't have to make that big cut, and has a new goal, and a title shot just in reach.

Who you guys got?

I agree.
I do think RDA is a monster, but I feel he is undersized for the long run...
But if he beats Lawler, he should definitely be the next in line.

Back