Video : KO of the Week: Rafael Dos Anjos vs George Sotiropoulos

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Just put up on The UFCs Y / T page.

I had forgotten about this one. Nice one-hitter quitter right hook by RDA.

Remember when George Sotiropoulos was like 7-0 in the ufc? Then proceeded to lose...alot?

I member

I remember this knockout. I had started to root for George S after initially not liking him but by the end of the Ultimate Fighter you got to see more and see that he wasn't always a prick that was just how they edited it, I guess.

This fight seemed like an abrupt end to his forward momentum.

I'd forgotten that G Sot even existed.

I have definitely forgotten waaayy more fights than I remember at this point.

Remember when George Sotiropoulos was like 7-0 in the ufc? Then proceeded to lose...alot?

I member

He had some near top level BJJ for the division and he had a size advantage over most his opponents...
He was damn good but his striking....he fought so damn stiff.. It was effective but damn he fought like the tin man... It really started showing when he started fighting some better strikers at LW.
Although Siver was probably on the Juice when they fought

The sport passed him by quickly after he beat Lauzon.. Not hating BTW. Dudes a warrior ..mad respect for his career.

He had some near top level BJJ for the division and he had a size advantage over most his opponents...
He was damn good but his striking....he fought so damn stiff.. It was effective but damn he fought like the tin man

The sport passed him by quickly after he beat Lauzon.. Not hating BTW. Dudes a warrior ..mad respect for his career.

He moved like Daniel Kelly.

Its an Australian thing.

lol @ that extra punch wtf

G Sot was fun but when his chin went, damn did it ever go.

THAT THING CAME ALL THE WAY FROM COPACOBANA BEACH!!!

Yeah GSot was still a big favorite here even when he got badly tooled by Siver one fight before. People were having him or Evan Dunham as their next champs at lw.

Things change so fast that the context of these fights gets lost pretty easily.

Sotiropolous now:

grimer.png

Damn. It's hard to believe that G sot was once on a 7 fight winning streak in the ufc's lightweight division. His downfall was fast and hard.

His striking really improved from that day to today. He threw wild punches more before but now he is really well determined striker.

this is the fight that made me really high on RDAs potential

never thought hed go on the type of run he went on tho and would be the overall fighter he is today

Why is that chad ko still on the intro?

Why the fuck did he throw an extra punch after a ref being on him for a second at least?

His striking really improved from that day to today. He threw wild punches more before but now he is really well determined striker.

I agree, g spot is the next ufc lw champ for sure!!

How about making George S vs Mac the veg Danzig in Bellator.

Winner fights Luke Cummo

Back