Miocic KO of Werdum a complete fluke

JVANPUGLET

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I know that Werdum can be a little hit or miss with some of his performances... but I'm still surprised that fans/internet experts/sherdoggers haven't expressed any interest in, or demanded that Stipe vs Werdum gets "ran back".
I think that fight was a COMPLETE FLUKE and Werdum wins that fight 9 times out of 10.
That being said, although Stipe seems like a good dude, I'm NOT inclined to believe that he's "the next great thing" or that he's actually all that good.
He got LUCKY vs Fabricio, Overreem so chinless it's ridonkulous... very, very fortunate timing and LUCK for Stipe.

I love Werdum but I’d expect a similar outcome if they fought again, even without the bumrush

Fabricio’s striking has improved a lot over the years but his footwork is still kind of plodding and I think Stipe is a lot quicker in general

I'm NOT inclined to believe that he's "the next great thing" or that he's actually all that good.
He got LUCKY vs Fabricio, Overreem so chinless it's ridonkulous... very, very fortunate timing and LUCK for Stipe.

All KINDS of failing going on here

2U61IWQ72LCgi3l8LSQA_Mud%20Clean%20By%20The%20Creek.gif

Werdum is one hell of a fighter, but he can also act like he's dumber than a box of rocks every now and then. Stipe capitalised it and it was not a fluke. Not at all.

Let’s hope this thread is a fluke for you ts.

Because the ability to KO a guy while you're practically running backwards can only be achieved by "luck."

<YeahOKJen>

No. Stipe would KO him early again in a rematch

I know that Werdum can be a little hit or miss with some of his performances... but I'm still surprised that fans/internet experts/sherdoggers haven't expressed any interest in, or demanded that Stipe vs Werdum gets "ran back".
I think that fight was a COMPLETE FLUKE and Werdum wins that fight 9 times out of 10.
That being said, although Stipe seems like a good dude, I'm NOT inclined to believe that he's "the next great thing" or that he's actually all that good.
1. Werdum whiffed punches and ate big punches.

Werdum got kicks checked and ate kicks.

Werdum shot TDs and missed BIG.

Werdum rushed with strikes in order to mount some offense.

Wheres the fluke?

2. What does overeem's chin have to do with being taken down and KO'd with strikes that would have KO'd a rhino?

I am a big Werdum fan and I believe he could beat Stipe with a different approach but that was definitely not a fluke. Werdum has been running forward at people like that his whole career. He did it a few times versus Arlovski in 2007 and in some of his PRIDE fights.

Stipe simply stepped back, planted and fired a straight down the middle at a charging opponent.

No fluke about it, although I believe Werdum could beat Stipe and Aldo could have beaten Conor had they patiently sat back and threw kicks.

Yeah running like a madman chin up in the air begging to be countered is a ''fluke'' ko.

Werdum was extremely sloppy and reckless and Stipe timed him coming in and clipped him perfectly. It was in no way a fluke. Could a rematch be much more competitive? Absolutely. Should fans want to see those two fight again? Yea, sure. Was it a fluke? No.

I love Werdum but I’d expect a similar outcome if they fought again, even without the bumrush

Fabricio’s striking has improved a lot over the years but his footwork is still kind of plodding and I think Stipe is a lot quicker in general

Honestly I think it terms of defence Werdum has if anything regressed, back when he was training with Crocop he had pretty decent boxing defence. He's gotten much better offencively but has always looked very hittable, if anything I'm supprised we haven't seen more KO's like Stipe and JDS, maybe because Overeem isn't that great exchanging close in.

Stipe wins 9 times out of 10. Werdum can’t take him down and he sure the fuck isn’t outstriking him

Honestly I think it terms of defence Werdum has if anything regressed, back when he was training with Crocop he had pretty decent boxing defence. He's gotten much better offencively but has always looked very hittable, if anything I'm supprised we haven't seen more KO's like Stipe and JDS, maybe because Overeem isn't that great exchanging close in.
almost seems like an ego/overconfidence thing...

it's like his prowess in grappling spills over to his conception of his striking skills

He got hit with the same punch like 3 times while charging headfirst at Stipe and the final one put him away.

Total fluke.

0/10 trolling.

Hey guys... Werdums sub over Harris was a fluke. Harris subs Werdum in a rematch!

Back