GSP: The Robin Hood of MMA?

Hamm and Clov

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Everyone knows that GSP single-handedly restored the integrity of the MW division. He was sick of the farce that it had turned into so he dealt with it, and swiftly. We're dealing with a similar issue in the LW division. If GSP is able to drop to 155, I think that's a money fight that Conor can't resist. Now, how the hell is GSP going to drop from 185 to 155, you ask? Colitis. Now that he has the terminal shits he is going to be shedding weight like crazy. This is lining up perfectly to GSP ragdolling Conor at LW, taking the belt, becoming the champ champ Robin Hood champ, and then handing it off to the deserving champion, whoever that may be at the time.

GSP = GOAT

I agree that GSP is the GOAT.

the rest of the post is a big piles of garbage
(no offense)

There's no way he's making 155 lol.

I agree now that he have bulk up for 185lbs.

2 yrs ago, He said he could make 155lbs, and I believe him.

him & Olivier Aubin-Mercier
(a 155er)
upload_2017-12-12_12-21-41.jpeg

if george was 25 years old maybe but he likely isn't interested in going from his biggest ever to smallest. also lets not forget that just arranging a fight between 2 guys that hand-pick opponents would be a stretch unless the ufc paid them a kajillion dollars.

I'm happier that GSP went ahead and vacated the belt rather than hold the division up, but it doesn't excuse the fact that his desire for an easy Bisping match up held the division up for a year.

There's something to this. GSP dreamed of coming back to restore order to 3 of the most messed up divisions (MW, WW, LW), taking out all the illegitimate/unpopular champs and winning the hearts of UFC fans while cementing GOAT status. Somewhere along the line, it became clear he wouldn't be embraced as a liberator. But the plan is going ahead regardless.

GSP is literally the reason the MW division was held up like it was. Bisping wanted to hold out for the big fight with GSP. If GSP had stayed retired or returned at WW, Bisping absolutely would have fought someone else at MW instead. GSP didn't "save" the division. And Bisping was a legit champion. He KO'd Luke Rockhold to win the strap. Can't really argue that. Sure he defended against Hendo, but it was a rematch of a classic fight that he wanted back and was easy for the UFC to sell.

Have you seen him r cently? The ass aids has already dropped his weight back to pre bulk up size.

He looks like he could make 55 already now

You are half right, he stole from the rich but gave nothing back.

How has he restored the integrity of the division? He weakened it and put and asterix on the belt as the division no longer has a lineal champion.

Everyone knows that GSP single-handedly restored the integrity of the MW division. He was sick of the farce that it had turned into so he dealt with it, and swiftly. We're dealing with a similar issue in the LW division. If GSP is able to drop to 155, I think that's a money fight that Conor can't resist. Now, how the hell is GSP going to drop from 185 to 155, you ask? Colitis. Now that he has the terminal shits he is going to be shedding weight like crazy. This is lining up perfectly to GSP ragdolling Conor at LW, taking the belt, becoming the champ champ Robin Hood champ, and then handing it off to the deserving champion, whoever that may be at the time.

GSP = GOAT
The most gayest thread I've seen in a while just say u love Gsp and state y

Have you seen him r cently? The ass aids has already dropped his weight back to pre bulk up size.

He looks like he could make 55 already now

Ass aids? Holy shit!

But yea, 155 would be easy, as he himself claimed so many times when questioned about fighting Ando in his prime.

if george was 25 years old maybe but he likely isn't interested in going from his biggest ever to smallest. also lets not forget that just arranging a fight between 2 guys that hand-pick opponents would be a stretch unless the ufc paid them a kajillion dollars.

If the UFC brass actually thought they could arrange a fight between Conor and GSP they certainly would, it doesn't mean it still wouldn't happen some day. It would be one of if not the largest grossing PPV in recent memory and everyone involved would have so much money after that fight that Pablo Escobar would cream his jeans.

I'm happier that GSP went ahead and vacated the belt rather than hold the division up, but it doesn't excuse the fact that his desire for an easy Bisping match up held the division up for a year.

How did a challenger hold up the division ?

The champ was injured. They had an Interim fight. Then when the champion was healthy the original title fight went ahead. With the Interim champ guaranteed the next TS.

tenor.gif

Ignored.

Back