Is Werdum vs Velasquez 2 ever going to happen? Who still wants to see that rematch (at sea level)?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What are the chances this rematch happens?

Do you guys think Velasquez would have a good chance or Werdum is just a terrible match up for him?

Werdum-knee-Velasquez.gif

vKxSw4V.gif

tumblr_inline_n4b5m1wmE41qeb2ub.jpg

Thoughts?

enough with Cain & rematches.

the guy fought like 3 guys in the last 6 yrs lol

I heard Cain got a bad migraine trying to plan out his most recent training schedule. He’s out at least six months.

I would be amazed to see him back in the Octagon at this rate.

I don't want to see Werdum's prime year getting wasted for Cain. This fight has been booked for 5 times. Cain pulled out in 4 instances Which kept Werdum on the shelf for many days wasting his prime. I don't want to see him wasting any of his time with Cain. It's time to move on. Werdum deserves the next titles shot & rightfully so, There is no point in thinking a match up with him against Cain again.

I think it will happen IF Cain ever actually comes back. I think he loses again, just like last time. Tbh, I just want to see Cain fight anybody at this point.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't Werdum say after the last aborted attempt at it happening that he was sick of fruitless training for fights with Cain and was never going to do it again?

However even if he did say it, I bet that if there was even a hint of it being a title eliminator he'd sign the contract with a quickness.

And the idea that that fight was a fluke to me was always a joke. Werdum has better striking, and had a great game plan. All the injuries at that point we’re starting to take its toll. Cain would get beat again.

I would absolutely watch werdum turn Cain into a bobblehead again... with that said, Cain can earn that fight. He has 1 fucking win In the last few years

If it ever makes sense, why not.

But Werdum is doing well, and Cain has been away for a while. The match up makes no sense for either fighters right now.

I just want to see Cain fight but the guy trains like an idiot.

Werdum wins again though.

Jokes aside I see no reason that a healthy Cain wouldn't pound Werdum into applesauce in a rematch. I would be very comfortable picking him if they fought again.

I don't care to see Cain in action anymore. He was and still is a very good heavyweight, but those injuries are just ridiculous.

What are the chances this rematch happens?

Do you guys think Velasquez would have a good chance or Werdum is just a terrible match up for him?

Werdum-knee-Velasquez.gif

vKxSw4V.gif

tumblr_inline_n4b5m1wmE41qeb2ub.jpg

Thoughts?
I think Cain has been out for way too long to get a shot at Werdum off the bat.

Back