Can anybody dislike Robert Whittaker?

SalvadorAllende

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Man.. I just saw his press conference with Luke who is a pretty unlikeable guy.

The way Whittaker handles himself is pure class. I still have to see him talk trash about an opponent. Even his opponents cant find an angle to say anything negative against the guy.

Plus he ducks no one.
He comes from beating Brunson (KO), Jacare (KO) and Yoel (on one leg). He is about to defend his title for the first time and if he beats Rockhold he already cleaned out all the top contenders.

Impressive as hell for a guy that maybe did not hit his prime yet.

I bet the modern-day hipster fans could dislike him for not having charisma or "star power"

if GSP had stayed - you couldn't have made a classier title fight than those two guys.

Nah, Whitaker is pure class.

My 2nd favorite fighter after GSP.

Kinda happy they didn't fought each other.

One does not simply hate robert whittaker

I only went to 213 just to see him fight. Guy is a great representation of the sport and is brutal in the cage. I hope he puts rockhold away in the worst way possible.

Probably a lot of the wwf people will say that he has a boring personality, like watching paint dry etc - Thats usually how they feel about the humble, classy types (unless they are finishing every fight)

tenor.gif

I don't know how, the guy seems like genuine good dude.

<Fedor23>

If people can hate GSP, Cormier, Fedor etc. for whatever reason, they could hate anybody

Hate coming from disagreement and fear of being wrong and those who hate are pussies by default

Robs the man, I even appreciate Luke

Man.. I just saw his press conference with Luke who is a pretty unlikeable guy.

The way Whittaker handles himself is pure class. I still have to see him talk trash about an opponent. Even his opponents cant find an angle to say anything negative against the guy.

Plus he ducks no one.
He comes from beating Brunson (KO), Jacare (KO) and Yoel (on one leg). He is about to defend his title for the first time and if he beats Rockhold he already cleaned out all the top contenders.

Impressive as hell for a guy that maybe did not hit his prime yet.

Yes. I'm sure there are people that dislike him.

He's a top geezer. He's fun to watch and a class act all the way.

I really like him but I think Luke will maul him on the ground.

He seems like a very respectable guy. He has not been all salty expecting a hand out, he strikes me as the type that is willing to work for what he gets.
I hope his turn comes, he deserves it.

Hoping for a big finish over rocksalt.

Back