I love Lineker, but i wish Moraes still got the title eliminator with Rivera...

Automatic Man

Die like a champion, ya hey!
@Brown
Reaction score
Think about it, if he was ready to go after the split decision over Dodson, then he definitely gotta still be ready to go after only an additional 67 seconds of octagon time. Although Lineker/Rivera is a fun matchup, we know Lineker can only go so far even if he manages to beat Rivera which I don't think will happen, Lineker is not known for finishing ability and he is not capable of outpointing the top BW's. He should not be in a title eliminator at this point .

Moraes has a lot more potential IMO. Its funny how people were saying WSOF isnt legit ,bashing Getche and Marlon for being can crushers. More proof to show that there is a lot of top level fighters outside the UFC.

He was robbed against Assuncao. Moraes should be ranked #3.

He was robbed against Assuncao. Moraes should be ranked #3.
I didn't see that fight, but Assuncao has that style that just sucks you into his kind of fight which is boring more often than not. Judges were probably half zoned out.

I didn't see that fight, but Assuncao has that style that just sucks you into his kind of fight which is boring more often than not. Judges were probably half zoned out.
You may well be right about the reason for the scoring. One of the judges actually gave Assuncao a 30-27, which is pretty insane.

Moraes.png

Moraes wasn't robbed against Assuncao, it was a close fight.

Not like losing a close decision to Assuncao is going to ruin his career. Seemed to work out fine for Dillashaw.

I guess while TJ is off chasing DJ, the BW division can sort out the next contender.

Moraes wasn't robbed against Assuncao, it was a close fight.

Not like losing a close decision to Assuncao is going to ruin his career. Seemed to work out fine for Dillashaw.

Not ruin his career, but it can derail his hopes for a title shot.

Which sucks even if it isn't worst case scenario.

Think about it, if he was ready to go after the split decision over Dodson, then he definitely gotta still be ready to go after only an additional 67 seconds of octagon time. Although Lineker/Rivera is a fun matchup, we know Lineker can only go so far even if he manages to beat Rivera which I don't think will happen, Lineker is not known for finishing ability and he is not capable of outpointing the top BW's. He should not be in a title eliminator at this point .

Moraes has a lot more potential IMO. Its funny how people were saying WSOF isnt legit ,bashing Getche and Marlon for being can crushers. More proof to show that there is a lot of top level fighters outside the UFC.
but when they needed someone to step in to fight Rivera, Moraes had a fight lined up already, and Lineker didn't.

sometimes bad timing is just bad timing.

so he did what he could. with authority.

You haven't watched many Moraes fights. Hes a finisher but he can be just as tentative as Dodson or Assuncao

Had a close first fight. Nothing wrong with that. But he should be challenging for the belt in 2018. I mean, he almost killed a guy....

Lineker overrated hope Rivera smashes him I agree with OP Moraes vs Rivera was the way to go, but then we wouldn't have seen the aljo dab so I guess it turned out alright

I agree, mostly because any technical fighter knows exactly how to beat Lineker.

I have Rivera as a strong favorite against Lineker, whereas Moraes vs. Rivera would be much closer.

I agree, I like Lineker a lot but I like Moraes chance better against Rivera

Back