Would anyone else LOVE to see Junior Albini as HW Champ? (esp based on this vid?)

Armitage Shanks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Made me a bit emotional... Such an unlikely star. Whatever happens I really hope he makes a bit of cash.

If he cant beat Andre in 2017 good luck becoming champ.

Also maybe dont wear a fucking diaper in the cage next time.

Seems like a decent dude.

But I don't find "I was never able to buy my daughter a toy because I wanted to fight instead of getting a normal job" all that inspiration to be honest. I'm all for following your dream, but when you have kids they should be a priority. So if you're a fighter maybe don't have kids until you have gotten to the point where you can make money.

Maybe he's angling for a big-brand diaper sponsorship too

But I don't find "I was never able to buy my daughter a toy because I wanted to fight instead of getting a normal job" all that inspiration to be honest. I'm all for following your dream, but when you have kids they should be a priority. So if you're a fighter maybe don't have kids until you have gotten to the point where you can make money.

You see, I knew someone was going to say that. Firstly I think it's different when somebody is from Brazil and has limited options...a sport is a genuine route out. Secondly, if deep down he believed he could be in the UFC somebay (and he was obviously right to think that) his daughter seeing her Dad on TV, excelling at an elite level, getting a trip to America and see what it's like on the big stage, will give her the kind of cultural and experiential capital no toy ever could. I think it's important to see parents living out their dreams.

Untitledo (1).jpg

22069405_125974188125187_234362831900770304_n.jpg

Yup sure, why not. Would love to see a new born baby be the UFC champ

Maybe he's angling for a big-brand diaper sponsorship too
WhatsApp-Image-2017-11-13-at-16.07.29.jpeg

No. He looks absolutely ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more with this. I was thinking the same thing when they were playing the sympathy violin during the event. His daughters only toy was a shampoo bottle??? What a negligent father. He is a big, fit, healthy, strong and reasonably intelligent dude who clearly has drive and ambition based on his making it into the UFC. Guess what bud, not everyone gets to accomplish their dreams. Your daughter needs to be looked after way more than you need to achieve your dream. don't have fucking kids if you gonna put yourself first.

He looks like a naturally tough dude. His physique is not there yet, but if this dude gets some strength and conditioning coaches I think he could have a bright future.

Plus the whole diapers thing is hilarious.

You see, I knew someone was going to say that. Firstly I think it's different when somebody is from Brazil and has limited options...a sport is a genuine route out. Secondly, if deep down he believed he could be in the UFC somebay (and he was obviously right to think that) his daughter seeing her Dad on TV, excelling at an elite level, getting a trip to America and see what it's like on the big stage, will give her the kind of cultural and experiential capital no toy ever could. I think it's important to see parents living out their dreams.
I see your point. Thing is, if you want to take a chance to live your dream, maybe you should wait until you've established a decent source of income before having kids. He was right to make it to the UFC. How many thousands of dads said the same thing and didn't make it?

Point is, if you wait till you've made it to have kids, they can see you follow your dream AND you can actually provide for them. Seems like a more reasonable approach than risking it all.

I really think he's going to do very well in the future, I heard he was training both to Tim Johnson and Arlovski with guys weighting 170 pounds or under, as he recently said, he's planning to move to ATT. Really enjoyed his fight against Arlovski, many hard punches almost landing by one inch, guess he was unlucky too, plus you don't see often a guy coming to the UFC in his second fight taking a vet and fighting like one, even rarer at heavies to see a guy as young as he is fighting like that and taking punishment like it was nothing, very composure fighter. I think both Albini and Blaydes are going to be figuring the top spots in the future.

Diaper boy being champ would be fucking embarrassing. God I hope not.

I wish him well, but not champ well.

Errr nah I'm good
His legs make me feel uncomfortable

Back