What happens if MM beats TJ

iWas

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Does he goes up to 135 for an instant rematch?

How would Sherdog think about that?

DJ stays at 125 and continues to build his legacy as the greatest fighter of all time.

DJ's six fans on Sherdog will become unbearable.

Fortunately, TJ will murk the goat pretender, and order will be restored to the GOAT realm.

He has to fight Stipe or Ngannou next, that determines if his pound for pound status/ranking is for real.

I would make up a shit ton of excuses, like TJ was too drained, and continue to discredit everything MM has ever done because he’s tiny.

He should defend both belts. It's not like there's any fights for him at 125 anyway.

He will still get flack on sherdog

Does he goes up to 135 for an instant rematch?

How would Sherdog think about that?

WHEN he does..............If its a decent battle with TJ fading in later rounds to Horrendous Cut( assuming TJ even makes weight) ...they YES. TJ will make stay cool but his Trainer will Say 125 was too draining AND AT 135 TJ WOULD WIN.. WE would all want to know. IF MM beats TJ stupid early ,fast...Not as likely.... I'd still like to see but it seems much less likely. 10lbs at those low weights makes me wonder. We saw Cerrone at 155 then 170. Thats 15lb. I have heard Sonnen describe fighting at 205 vs 185. Gawd that sounded awful doing the 185 cut....

Sherdoggers will still whine about him fighting cans and not being legit.

I would make up a shit ton of excuses, like TJ was too drained, and continue to discredit everything MM has ever done because he’s tiny.

At least you're honest about it. Good for you, lol

If he could pull it off I would admit that he's one of the greatest ever. I wasn't impressed with the Borg fight, but the finish was a thing of beauty. He has the speed, endurance and creativity. He's very highly skilled, but I really need to see him beat an elite fighter to view him as a great in the sport. Benavidez barely beat Cejudo, so I don't think he's elite, just in a shallow division. This would be his signature win and would cement his legacy. What is his signature win to date?

TJ doesn't deserve a fight at 125. He's been champ a lot less than TJ. He should be defending the 135 against DJ if he wants that fight.

Sherdoggers will still whine about him fighting cans and not being legit.

Who would you say he has beat, that gives him goat status. In my opinion he has beaten three decent fighters. McCall whom I thought won the first fight. Benavides, but he doesn’t really have any signature wins I can think of. Dodson he is the only one with a big name win, which is Tj. (Maybe Cejudo, but he hasn’t really shown enough yet.)

I don’t think he has fought cans, but don’t think he’s fought anyone, or enough top guys to be considered of of the very best.
I think Aldo, and even maybe Barao who had long runs have a better claim. If he beats TJ, the he adds a big name, and at least adds some mma math as an argument.

I don’t think his size is the problem, it’s the lack of people in the weight class, so he ends of fighting the same guys, and people complain about that in all weight classes.

If he could pull it off I would admit that he's one of the greatest ever. I wasn't impressed with the Borg fight, but the finish was a thing of beauty. He has the speed, endurance and creativity. He's very highly skilled, but I really need to see him beat an elite fighter to view him as a great in the sport. Benavidez barely beat Cejudo, so I don't think he's elite, just in a shallow division. This would be his signature win and would cement his legacy. What is his signature win to date?

Benevidez is an elite fighter, for a long time now. He submitted Miguel Torres when it still mattered, Torres was just one fight removed from his title reign. He’s unable to beat the likes of Cruz at BW and Johnson at FLW but he’s still a top guy, just more proof how good Johnson.

Horiguchi is an elite fighter too.

I think Johnson just makes them look inferior, not that they aren’t and due to the looming similarly sized(?) Bantamweight div. overshadowing the newish, Flyweight div

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back