Eddie Alvarez vs Tony Ferguson

71gB%2BytrIBL._SX355_.jpg

Alvarez knocks him out and then Sherdog implodes.

Tony, he has the range to stay out of danger and the recovery if Eddie happened to land a bomb. Eddie is a pretty good MMA wrestler but he's not exactly a guy who finishes his opponents on the ground, Tony is calm under fire and in the event Eddie got him down he'd find the sub or make it to the end of the round. Tony by sub in a 5 rounder, Tony by decision in a 3 round fight.

Tony, he has the range to stay out of danger and the recovery if Eddie happened to land a bomb. Eddie is a pretty good MMA wrestler but he's not exactly a guy who finishes his opponents on the ground, Tony is calm under fire and in the event Eddie got him down he'd find the sub or make it to the end of the round. Tony by sub in a 5 rounder, Tony by decision in a 3 round fight.
I would imagine Eddie wouldn't even mess with the bottom game of Tony for the most part. This fight likely takes place on teh feet.

Why not Conor vs Tony? That's the fucking fight that needs to be made. Unification should be the next fight at 55 for Tony. Conor is a coward.

who takes it

Eddie just squeaked past a guy whos strategy is stand here and swing till one of us falls and people seriously think hes gonna run over Ferg ? I dont see it I think Tony probably starches him because Eddie just isnt gonna be able to get past the reach and superior striking. I wouldnt mind seeing it though.

I love Eddie, but that’s not a great fight for him. He’d be at a serious speed disadvantage.

The fans win. Would be a great fight.

Eddies got a shot and Tony has incredible cardio and good everywhere. Gut says Tony, but Eddie is never out of a fight. If Tony got careless ala Lando, Eddie would finish him

Tony has a serious reach advantage over Eddie that would give him fits. Eddie mostly finds succes by brawling in the pocket, hence why he was such an awful matchup for McGregor and why he was able to have success with Gaethje. He would be eating elbows up the pipe if he gets in the pocket with Ferg. Great win by Eddie the other night, but Gaethje was completely gassed by the time Tony starts to break a slight sweat. Eddie might be able to brawl for a round or two, but Tony will drown him like any other top LW he has fought. It would be a cool fight though I suppose.

Last edited:
Eddie by KO.

Tony has bum ass Junie Browning level striking and the only time his striking even looks half decent is when his opponent is exhausted from knocking him down 5 times.

I would imagine Eddie wouldn't even mess with the bottom game of Tony for the most part. This fight likely takes place on teh feet.
The fight would likely look like RDA VS Tony. Except Eddie isn't as well rounded as RDA.

Eddie by KO.

Tony has bum ass Junie Browning level striking and the only time his striking even looks half decent is when his opponent is exhausted from knocking him down 5 times.
Has Tony even been knocked down 5 times in his UFC career? I know he doesn't have the best striking defense all the time, but you dorks make it sound like he has Rousey level striking or something.

Eddie by KO.

He out struck good strikers in Barboza, Thomson, and RDA. He would carve Alvarez on the feet.

The fight would likely look like RDA VS Tony. Except Eddie isn't as well rounded as RDA.
RDA's boxing Is literally nowhere near Eddie's

Not to mention that was a drained RDA who was pretty much done after the 2nd round.

Terrible comparison

He out struck good strikers in Barboza, Thomson, and RDA. He would carve Alvarez on the feet.
All of those guys threw the kitchen at Tony and he walked through all of it no problem as he methodically picked them apart. He even made Barboza panic, and go for an ill advised takedown. But don't bring that up. According to half of Sherdog, Tony has no idea how to throw a punch or elbow, and has almost been TKO'd every single fight of his career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back