is elkins vs johnson...

markys00

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
bad matchmaking?

sure, johnson has a great chance beating him, and he is moving down a weight class.

BUT

elkins is on a 5 fight win streak with wins such as skelly, bermudez, and #1 fw prospect bektic...
johnson is 1-4 in his last 5. yes all losses were to the top of the heap, but, yea, poor matchmaking imo

anyone else?

Michael Johnson? I always thought he was a good size LW. Im surprised he's even moving down tbh.

If so, I think Elkins is a winnable fight. Regardless of his wins, Elkins is a gate keeper. He's pretty much at the height of his abilities, so maybe the UFC is thinking of using him as a pedestal for guys that may have championship potential.

Michael Johnson shouldn't have taken the fight, because it is a bad match-up for him, and he will only extend his losing streak.

Michael Johnson? I always thought he was a good size LW. Im surprised he's even moving down tbh.

If so, I think Elkins is a winnable fight. Regardless of his wins, Elkins is a gate keeper. He's pretty much at the height of his abilities, so maybe the UFC is thinking of using him as a pedestal for guys that may have championship potential.
Even at LW, I often see his rib-cage poking out. He needs to learn some fight IQ, and stop blaming his weight for lost fights.

He lost to Nate and Justin Gaethje because of poor fight IQ, and not his weight. LOL

Even at LW, I often see his rib-cage poking out. He needs to learn some fight IQ, and stopping blaming his weight for lost fights.

He lost to Nate and Justin Gaethje because of poor fight IQ, and not his weight. LOL

His fight IQ isn't the best, but tbh what he really needs is tune up fights. He's constantly fighting studs, and he's so talented but his record is shit, and that makes him harder to promote. Maybe 45 will be a fresh change in scenery. I still believe he can beat anyone he fights.

His fight IQ isn't the best, but tbh what he really needs is tune up fights. He's constantly fighting studs, and he's so talented but his record is shit, and that makes him harder to promote. Maybe 45 will be a fresh change in scenery. I still believe he can beat anyone he fights.

Johnson's a weird fighter. He's beaten Ferguson, Poirier and Barboza convincingly (the only guy thats ever beaten the first 2 at 155) and looked so average against Dariush (he still should have won) and didn't show up for the Nate fight.

Should be the main event of the St Louis card, by the looks of it now.

I think it's good matchmaking. If MJ wins, he secures a top 10 ranking and a spot as a possible new opponent for Max. If Elkins wins, he doesn't knock off a young exciting prospect.

War Elkins!

I don't know if it's bad matchmaking or just lottery ticket matchmaking. You're lottery ticket-ing that Johnson can take a problem off your hands in Elkins who has one finish in what feels like 100 UFC fights. If he wins then awesome! His stock is recouped and you don't have to put Darren Elkins in premier spots on cards. If he loses then Elkins beat up on a guy who is on a losing streak and it's whatever.

It feels like fail safe booking.

Back