Are we seriously mad at GSP for what he did?

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Since when was it the fighter's responsibility to make sure the business runs by the books? The ONLY thing a fighter has to focus on is how he can make the most amount of money possible while he's able to before he retires. Who the fuck are you dweebs to bad talk a legend like George St Pierre for what he did? It's not HIS responsibility to look out for the MW division. The man stepped in after YEARS of doing nothing but fucking gymnastics and slapped the shit out of the MW champ and EMBARRASSED the UFC and the entire scrub division who couldn't get it done. GSP is the one who brought law and order to this bitch. He told Anderson and Rocksalt to have a seat and watch how a GOAT gets it done.

He came, he saw, he conquered, he dipped.

206cwea.jpg

34h6yol.jpg

No I honestly stopped caring what fighters did a long time ago.

Now that he's done, I just ready for things to move on and get back to order.

Since when was it the fighter's responsibility to make sure the business runs by the books? The ONLY thing a fighter has to focus on is how he can make the most amount of money possible while he's able to before he retires. Who the fuck are you dweebs to bad talk a legend like George St Pierre for what he did? It's not HIS responsibility to look out for the MW division. The man stepped in after YEARS of doing nothing but fucking gymnastics and slapped the shit out of the MW champ and EMBARRASSED the UFC and the entire scrub division who couldn't get it done. GSP is the one who brought law and order to this bitch. He told Anderson and Rocksalt to have a seat and watch how a GOAT gets it done.

He came, he saw, he conquered, he dipped.

206cwea.jpg

34h6yol.jpg

You aren't taking into account that GSP ducked the super fight with Silva for years. It was THE fight in MMA. The SRL-Hagler of MMA.

GSP robbed MMA fan of probably the best matchup of all time. Two of the best 4 fighters ever at their absolute apex. GSP turns Silva down repeatedly.

Instead, the MW fight we get is Bisping. A career gate keeper.

Fuck GSP.

Not to mention that MW was one of he most exciting divisions. Then Bisping won and GSP comes out of retirement 3 weeks later LOL! What a beast GOAT GSP! You are a GSP fan, not an mma fan because MW lost a year and a half plus Mousasi because of GSP's great MW run.

No thanks GSP. UFC not falling for that bullshit again. He won't fight again.

GSP is a giant among men.

You aren't taking into account that GSP ducked the super fight with Silva for years. It was THE fight in MMA. The SRL-Hagler of MMA.

GSP robbed MMA fan of probably the best matchup of all time. Two of the best 4 fighters ever at their absolute apex. GSP turns Silva down repeatedly.

Fuck GSP.

..of course Silva essentially did the same at LHW, took a good style matchup vs Forrest and avoided guys like Shogun, Rashad and Machida who were closer to his size than GSP was.

In this case I think both sides knew what they were getting, GSP an easier shot at the belt, the UFC his draw and the potential to get Bisping another easier big name win. Again I very strongly suspect that in Dana's mind Bisping was winning this fight.

Last edited:
It was awesome seeing GSP back in there again. GOAT

Fuck GSP.
How do you duck a fighter not in your weight class??

Yes in a way I kind of am...but he doesn't owe any of us shit

So there's that

I was mad at Bisping for holding up the division. Initially I was curious to see GSP vs Bisping, but when they both started dragging it out i admit i got pissed. Seeing Georges smash Bisping, however, took away a lot of that anger. Though i would have liked to have seen GSP vs Bobby Knuckles, at least he vacated the title and the division is moving on again. My interest in MW is slightly diminished, and it seems like the UFC were thinking short term rather than long term with some of their moves, but at least the division is back on track. Now lets get LW back on track.

The ufc fucked up the mw and other divisions not GSP. He saw an opportunity and took full advantage. Good for him

Not to mention that MW was one of he most exciting divisions. Then Bisping won and GSP comes out of retirement 3 weeks later LOL! What a beast GOAT GSP! You are a GSP fan, not an mma fan because MW lost a year and a half plus Mousasi because of GSP's great MW run.

No thanks GSP. UFC not falling for that bullshit again. He won't fight again.

I think people can frame it like GSP duped the company all they want but that seemed like a clear, you scratch our back, we'll scratch yours situation.

Everybody but Bis made out of that situation quite well:

Dana and co. popped a major buyrate on a big MSG show. Hard to imagine that card would have gotten over 500k with the double feature of TJ/Cody and JJ/Rose. GSP enhanced that for sure. And I'm confident in that despite all the, "majority of current fans don't know who GSP is," hype that Rogan and Dana were selling. C'mon. It was four years since he'd fought, not a decade ffs.

GSP got a huge payday and, if that was a wrap, got to go out in a much more emphatic way than when he took a debated decision win over Hendro years back.

Fans got a very entertaining a fight and a nice go home moment.

And even Bis who was beaten dominantly made a lot of money.

If GSP is going to absorb the blame for that MW title being held up, then UFC who clearly wanted the fight and Bisping who outright said that was the defense he wanted are just as culpable.

And can't blame that whole situation for the Moose. He wanted to get paid commensurate with what he was worth and UFC was not showing him the respect and the dollars he wanted. Bellator he gets his nice fight pay plus doesn't have the Reebok deal to infringe on his sponsorship opportunities.

funny how that graphics you pasted shows exactly how not to do that technique. Funny thing is GSP knows how to do it but you posted him doing it in shit way.

How do you duck a fighter not in your weight class??

You can't be that dense. Everybody wanted GSP to fight Silva.

Miraculously, GSP moves to Silva's weight class when Bisping is champion. You can't be serious right now?

..of course Silva essentially did the same at LHW, took a good style matchup vs Forrest and avoided guys like Shogun, Rashad and Machida who were closer to his size than GSP was.

In this case I think both sides knew what they were getting, GSP a easier shot at the belt, the UFC his draw and the potential to get Bisping an another easier big name win. Again I very strongly suspect that in Dana's mind Bisping was winning this fight.

Silva didn't do the same thing at LHW. Virtually nobody wanted to see Silva get wrestle fucked by Jon Jones. Silva and Jones didn't even wanna fight. Pretty sure Jones said it himself.

GSP and Silva are actually similar in size. Cormier vs Silva looked retarded. Imagine Silva looking at Jones lmao.

I can't believe you guys are seriously pretending like that's the same thing....

Back