Love Ponzinibbio but he’s got a serious eye poking problem

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I just watched some of his older fights and dude pokes everybody from his debut against LaFlare to most recently Gunnar and the majority in between.

I suppose good on him since it sort’ve gives him the edge and he hasn’t been penalized yet.

Aside from the fouls, skill-wise he’s got Perry beat. Bad matchup for Perry, he could’ve gotten a better promo with Till (a fight he’d lose too though).

Yes, he is bad. But fighters learn what they can get away with. Jones and Gus eye poke a lot and never get more than a warning - it's worth a warning for a chance to hamper your opponent.

It's a cheap tactic but people will always do whatever they think they can get away with.

C95FJHpXYAAaCk_.jpg

Pretty weird, I didn't realise he was a serial poker.

Pokezinibio is giving Pokeyemon Jones a run for his money.

I just watched some of his older fights and dude pokes everybody from his debut against LaFlare to most recently Gunnar and the majority in between.

I suppose good on him since it sort’ve gives him the edge and he hasn’t been penalized yet.

Aside from the fouls, skill-wise he’s got Perry beat. Bad matchup for Perry, he could’ve gotten a better promo with Till (a fight he’d lose too though).

Honestly, I've noted a trend of larger eye'd opponents over the years in MMA. Back in the earlier days, the avg eye socket measurement was pretty tame. These days it's like we have extra terrestrials in there. It's pretty hard to open your hand in an MMA cage these days and not clip an eyeball.

Even the ref breaking up the fights gets a finger in a fighter's eyeball almost 33% of the time but half of that time they're unconscious and don't know.

And THAT's really fk''d up.

Pretty weird, I didn't realise he was a serial poker.

This

Just remember the Gunny one cause it was pretty bad

I did however think he was a bad matchup for Perry but we’ll see. Perry outsrikes him for a win be pretty impressive.

Finally someone actually did the study about his eyepokes instead of just whine about it because he beat McGregor's buddy

Jones is worse overall, but he has never been so potent with his eye pokes in a single round.

This sounds like some very scientific research.

So 2 guys, and the majority in between? That sounds like a terrible issue.

So how many in between was it?

This sounds like some very scientific research.

So 2 guys, and the majority in between? That sounds like a terrible issue.

So how many in between was it?

Off the top of my head, Nordine got poked in that first round too and didn’t get any time to recover where things went downhill after having a pretty good showing early on.

Back to back fights and even in his debut isn’t good enough evidence?

Long reach on a fighter who paws and holds his hand out to gauge distance with his fingers straight = serial poker.

It's kind of a consequence of the style more than anything. They hold that arm out at the face for distance and to block vision, but when someone shoots in quickly to close the distance the hand follows. When that fingers out, it's gonna be an eyepoke half the time.

Gus and Jones are the most well known but Ponzi's right up there. Conor has a similar style but the fact that he's not eyepoking goes to show you just how good his timing and maintaining of range are.

Somebody needs to tweet Dana and the Athletic Commission about this

Anyways it’s still Platinum by KO, he will touch that chin and knock the Mickey Mouse ears off ponzi head. Mike is hungrier fighter.

Can’t stand a serial eye poker, main reason why I didn’t like Bones

Back