Which UFC Champions Have a Marketable Personality?

Which UFC champions have a marketable personality?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Heavyweight
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
Stipe Miocic
Light Heavyweight
Daniel Cormier

Middleweight
23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Robert Whittaker
Welterweight
Tyron Woodley

Lightweight
23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png
Conor McGregor
Lightweight
Tony Ferguson

Featherweight
Max Holloway
Bantamweight
T.J. Dillashaw
Flyweight
Demetrious Johnson

Featherweight
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Cris Cyborg
Bantamweight
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Amanda Nunes

Flyweight
Nicco Montaño
Strawweight
Rose Namajunas

Woodley should go FULL SJW to piss off the nascar crowd. would be great for publicity.

voted for Mcgregor (obviously he's marketable, lol) Tyron Woodley, Tony Ferguson (he's got that crazy vibe)

didn't vote for DC even though I like him, he's just too nice to be very marketable.

Voted Dillashaw, Holloway, and McGregor. I hate the last one, but he sells tickets/PPVs.

Woodley should go FULL SJW to piss off the nascar crowd. would be great for publicity.

voted for Mcgregor (obviously he's marketable, lol) Tyron Woodley, Tony Ferguson (he's got that crazy vibe)

didn't vote for DC even though I like him, he's just too nice to be very marketable.
People would buy his fights just to hopefully see him lose. GENIUS!

Voted Dillashaw, Holloway, and McGregor. I hate the last one, but he sells tickets/PPVs.
why Dillashaw? he seems unlikable but forgettable in the end

why Dillashaw? he seems unlikable but forgettable in the end
I think he has the ability to sell fights, particularly given his rivalry with Team Alpha Male. The "bad blood" storylines can be written for many of his possible opponents, and a showdown between him and MM would probably sell quite a few PPVs. I just see a bunch of marketable fights that could elevate him to a high level.

Everyone is marketable with the right kind of promotion.

UFC Losing Millions Because Champions Lack Personality?

White needs to spend cold cash on personality development?

We don't need everyone to go full WWE, but, man, those are some really weak numbers!

I don't get how people are picking Ferg or Max. Nothing wrong with them as fighters or people, but they look like one of their parents was a troll. You can't market that... unless you're going for the sympathy vote.

Everyone is marketable with the right kind of promotion.

I would disagree. Look at many examples in boxing (Andre Ward) where money is spent on promotion on a fighter one would think is marketable and does not result in ratings or PPV buys.

Shit only t.j for me. Conor is retired for those who voted for him.

"No one gives a s--t about flyweights because Demetrious Johnson has the personality of my coffee mug."--Ian McCall

It's not just MM. Woodley gets hit regularly, but at least he tries. He could hire a PR firm or something to rebuild his brand. He keep whiffing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back