More lame, GSP not defending belt or Conor not defending?

LoveHateLove

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
both of these guys should be defending their belts. I know that there is reasons their not, GSP is not meant for MW blah blah, and Conor is making shitloads boxing but .....

Now that's over Conor needs to defend. So does GSP, as he can beat the MW champ he can beat others as well.

I personally also think they'd both win and finish and retain their belts if they were to defend.

GSP did enough in the sport. nothing really to prove anymore.

GSP doesn't have a belt anymore to defend though....

Conor isn't fighting period and he's in his prime. So yeah, that is shit.

ufc belts nowadays are used as platform for other bigger and better deals, they´re not meant to be defended, it´s in the contract. It´s bad for your business / image to defend a belt, let alone lose one.

If you are not going to defend it then vacate it. Otherwise, I couldn't give a shit what fighters decide to do with their careers.

At least GSP vacated.

Conor thinks that titles are lifetime appointments. If he had his way, he'd still be FW champ two years after beating Aldo, with no defenses, and having no intention whatsoever of going back to the division.

GSP has nothing to defend, so how can you expect him to?

GSP dropped that belt so fast. No man has ever done that. The belt held by former WW Robert Whittaker was the real belt all along. True martial artist. Building his legacy beating Bisping. Respectful warrior making all the other middleweights who deserved a shot wait for a year. Dropping the belt so he could make himself available to fight Conor when he is 40 something.

Conor just changed his own bum life within a year and made 10 times more money in one fight than GSP did his whole career. He has a baby boy now. I am not sure what will happen with him but I hope he lets GSP get a whiff of a fight and teases him like GSP teases us with superfights.

At least GSP vacated.

Conor thinks that titles are lifetime appointments. If he had his way, he'd still be FW champ two years after beating Aldo, with no defenses, and having no intention whatsoever of going back to the division.
Yeah GSP vacates. He sees a tough fight and he's out. He sees a Bisping champion he's in. What a beast.

GSP can't defend the belt he's already relinquished the title.
Conors LW title reign 13 months (12 November 2016 is when the beat Eddie) no defences and no sign of one soon.

How is this even a question?

Conor is pretending he is the best fighter in the world, GSP isnt.

GSP has shown that he can defend a belt. The same can not be said about Conor.

I'm expecting a Conor fight In either March or April. Pending that , I don't see an Issue.

I will be holding my tongue until something Is announced as well.

Not even close, GSP vacated after a month, Conor is still calling himself the FW champ when he hasn't fought at FW in 2 years and never defended. Conor just wants to carry the belt around. Conor should've vacated already.

Conor is 100x worse.

GSP has already solidified his legacy and vacated the title as soon as he got sick and realized he would be out for a while. He also stated multiple times MW is not for him he had a very hard time with it and thinks it didn't do his body very good. Unless he is done fighting I would rather see him fight at his peak than a diminished version that he feels he is at MW.

Conor on the other hand has never defended a belt and been gifted multiple opportunities to leap frog the line. He should take a lesson from GSP and give up the belt not walk around pretending he is still a current double weight champion. He will always be able to say what he was but to pretend he is still a champ right now with no intention of fighting is a joke.

GSP's not holding up the division.

Back