Is Overeem ever going to be UFC champion?

At this stage, it's doubtful.

That said, this is heavyweight, and almost anything can happen.

The Francis fight was probably his last chance. He's still going to be ranked #2-3 but it's hard to see him getting a crack at the title against 2 guys that just finished him. He'd have to really get lucky with guys getting injured.

At this stage, he should probably just take fun fights or go on a Rizin retirement tour.

sure why not, its not like hw is very deep.

if cain comes back n reem can beat him n goes on 3 fight win streak, dont see why he wouldnt get a ts

I think when N'gannou wins that title, you're gonna be looking at the actual Mike Tyson of MMA. I don't see him loosing it for a long time.

Overeem's best chance was beating Stipe when they fought.

Probably not, but wouldn't count him off.
#2 at HW, anyway. He's like 2 win aways from a titleshot.

I think when N'gannou wins that title, you're gonna be looking at the actual Mike Tyson of MMA. I don't see him loosing it for a long time.

Overeem's best chance was beating Stipe when they fought.

<Lmaoo>

ronda-rousey-terrible-boxing-2.gif

Remember this was the last Mike Tyson.

ZHXbriL.gif

Does being an interim champ count? Wouldn't be surprised if they needed a card booster and did an interim hw title on the line at some point in the future, of which he'd be a front runner for. But I don't see him amassing a 3-4 win streak to then win the belt, no.

For a boxer Mike's dominant run wasn't that long...

Pre-USADA Reem, absolutely.

Post-USADA Reem....is probably 1-2 losses from leaving the UFC and going back to gills sauced can crushing overseas.

Yeah I just like that a juice monster from cameroon that has down's syndrome is the new "mike tyson" of mma because he KO'd a guy that's been done since the 2nd sylvia fight and doneareem who always loses by epic KTFO every other fight

Your opinion of those two are fairly off, but I agree with this general statement.

Every KO machine is billed as the next Mike Tyson. It makes me wonder how many people actually have watched Mike Tyson fights, there was a lot more to Iron Mike than just his power.

its HW and he was pretty close to finishing stipe. so its possible.

Your opinion of those two are fairly off, but I agree with this general statement.

Every KO machine is billed as the next Mike Tyson. It makes me wonder how many people actually have watched Mike Tyson fights, there was a lot more to Iron Mike than just his power.
houston alexander was mike tyson after he ko'd jardine how'd that work out

That shit looks hopeless as fuck dude, by chance, like with Bisping. He could be given a short notice shot but other than that, nope... everyone with decent punching power has his number.

Back