Outside of Frankie, Max already has two challengers

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Elkins if he beats Johnson and now Brian Ortega. And no, they should not fight each other, divisions need contenders with legit streaks!

If Max goes through Frankie Edgar, Brian Ortega and then Darren Elkins, is he the best FW?

darren-elkins-ufc-209-3.jpg

Van Damage is like the Zombie from Hell.

He just keeps coming, no matter how out-classed he is.

It's a strong resume, but it's like people forget that Aldo had 9 title defenses against guys like Edgarx2 mendesx2, Faber, KZ, and Swanson. Max is already one of the best but I still thing he's pretty far away from Aldo.

darren-elkins-ufc-209-3.jpg

Van Damage is like the Zombie from Hell.

He just keeps coming, no matter how out-classed he is.

Haha one of the best pictures of all times. .I think if he fight Elkins and wins he'll be Goat because that boy bring's it everytime. ..I think he's the only fighter on the entire roster that you have to kill to stop...and I mean kill. ..the guy has something in him that won't let him quit and that accumulation striking game of Holloway won't work on this juggernaut

MJ lights him up just in time for Christmas.

Ortega, Edgar, and a returning Mendes make for a murderer's row for Holloway though.

I agree except Mendes..USADA beat him up already.. and MJ..I don't think he's worthy yet at fw

I'm excited to see him against them all though because I know he's going to fight them..he's a true champ. And wants those challenges so that's great can't wait

Max only has one challenger he needs to worry about: Frankie Edgar

Haha one of the best pictures of all times. .I think if he fight Elkins and wins he'll be Goat because that boy bring's it everytime. ..I think he's the only fighter on the entire roster that you have to kill to stop...and I mean kill. ..the guy has something in him that won't let him quit and that accumulation striking game of Holloway won't work on this juggernaut
Beating Elkins makes you GOAT? Elkins is a tough hard nosed fighter, but hes hardly someone to build a legacy off

They are lining up like wet clothing. Max will be busy.

In what world is Darren Elkins a title contender?

He is a few wins away at best. MJ would be a feather in his cap for sure, but he just isn't there yet imo, dude is on the radar for hardcore fans only at this point.

I think Ortega needs one more win before facing Holloway, maybe Lamas if he beats Emmett. KZ with 1 or 2 wins is in the mix aswell. I think Elkins can beat MJ, depends of how bad the weight cutting will affect the fight. After that, 1 more fight too. Mendes is not relevant at this point.

In what world is Darren Elkins a title contender?

Don't get me wrong I LOVE that maniacs fights but what logic would possibly support him getting a title shot?
4 or 5 win streak? with MJ it will be 5 or 6

Beating Elkins makes you GOAT? Elkins is a tough hard nosed fighter, but hes hardly someone to build a legacy off

Among his other accomplishmen's a victory over a guy like Elkins further prove's his prowess as champion..Elkins is a dangerous fight for anyone..he's proven that you can't just chuck him up to hard nose..so a win over Edgar then Elkins I think puts him quite up there as far as current champ p4p yeah.. considering the last guy to beat him isn't even defending his belt? ..Holloway has lots of room to gain on these other champs.. Aldo will be hard to beat by any champ in any division I'm taking about what matters which is how he stacks up against current champs

Among his other accomplishmen's a victory over a guy like Elkins further prove's his prowess as champion..Elkins is a dangerous fight for anyone..he's proven that you can't just chuck him up to hard nose..so a win over Edgar then Elkins I think puts him quite up there as far as current champ p4p yeah.. considering the last guy to beat him isn't even defending his belt? ..Holloway has lots of room to gain on these other champs.. Aldo will be hard to beat by any champ in any division I'm taking about what matters which is how he stacks up against current champs
A win over Edger furthers his career, Elkins is a resume filler someone that he will fight while waiting for someo to emerge as a true contender

A win over Edger furthers his career, Elkins is a resume filler someone that he will fight while waiting for someo to emerge as a true contender

Elkins is on a major streak, and won fights that his opponents like you wrote him off and they paid for it..he's not a joke, I respect his skills a lot, mixed with his heart that's a dangerous dude to anyone's title. .it's about the style and the challenge it poses for Holloway it will force him to show another facet of his skills..every champ needs that opponent that just might push them to further greatNess. .if elkin can beat MJ impressively I believe he's that dude for Holloway..Aldo wasn't. .second fight proved that Holloway had him figured out by the end of round 1..doubt he can say the same agaisnt elkin

Elkins is on a major streak, and won fights that his opponents like you wrote him off and they paid for it..he's not a joke, I respect his skills a lot, mixed with his heart that's a dangerous dude to anyone's title. .it's about the style and the challenge it poses for Holloway it will force him to show another facet of his skills..every champ needs that opponent that just might push them to further greatNess. .if elkin can beat MJ impressively I believe he's that dude for Holloway..Aldo wasn't. .second fight proved that Holloway had him figured out by the end of round 1..doubt he can say the same agaisnt elkin
The only thing Elkins has Holloway is toughnes and it will lead to a horrible prolonged beating, Holloway will have Elkins worked out before before the fight even starts

I see Holloway being a large favourite against everyone other than Frankie. I think he crushes Ortega and Elkins with ease, and think they’d both also lose to lamas.

I agree except Mendes..USADA beat him up already.. and MJ..I don't think he's worthy yet at fw

I'm excited to see him against them all though because I know he's going to fight them..he's a true champ. And wants those challenges so that's great can't wait

He's still the best wrestler in the division and has got the best shot of holding Holloway down for five rounds. Outside of Ortega submitting him, I don't see any of the guys being able to take Holloway for five rounds.

Elkins if he beats Johnson and now Brian Ortega. And no, they should not fight each other, divisions need contenders with legit streaks!

If Max goes through Frankie Edgar, Brian Ortega and then Darren Elkins, is he the best FW?
he already is the best fw.

i want zabit vs holloway.

Back