Fines for Eye Pokes...

DaPunkMinowaMan

#Pancrase[1990s] / Rings / Vale Tudo[1920s-80s]
Banned
Reaction score
In the Early UFCs, IIRC the fine was something like 500$ (huge at that time, comparatively)...

Would it help?

ben.gif

gordeau.jpg

"This Thread is BS".

Intent needs to be obvious or else it would be unfair to fine them.

Yes, taking money from their purse for eye pokes and groin shots is only fair. $500 deduction per foul would make fighters a lot less likely to make those fouls.

Screw it make it legal and let's see where it takes the UFC in 2018

Should just make iron clad that you get one warning, then immediate point deduction.

If it was 100% of their full pay per poke, maybe.

Otherwise, not in the slightest.

Coke Jones would happily shell out a mil per eyepoke and keep on delivering them, because it's worth it.

If it was 100% of their full pay per poke, maybe.

Otherwise, not in the slightest.

Coke Jones would happily shell out a mil per eyepoke and keep on delivering them, because it's worth it.
That´s why I said:

"500$ (huge at that time, comparatively)"

That´s why I said:

"500$ (huge at that time, comparatively)"

Sure, but I'm telling you, 10k or 50k or 100k is nothing to the elite fighters these days.
100k to change the course of a fight? A great buy.
The fines would have to be massive...which becomes pretty unfair to someone who accidentally delivers one.

Sure, but I'm telling you, 10k or 50k or 100k is nothing to the elite fighters these days.
The fines would have to be massive...which becomes pretty unfair to someone who accidentally delivers one.
not only elite fighters, all fighters.

hand_w_full_prod_hi_res_cut_out_BLA_D0DD0EE6EED16.jpg

To the balls for first offense, 30% of purse for second (goes to opponent) DQ for a third foul.

Which fighter is scoffing at 100k where he wouldn't even the difference between that and no penalty? We can't go back and forth between "fighters get paid shit and need a union" and "fighters get paid so much they wouldn't notice a 100k fine".

there's no solution for the eye poking problem. it's just part of the game. and since the majority of them are accidental, fining someone isn't fair

Which fighter is scoffing at 100k where he wouldn't even the difference between that and no penalty? We can't go back and forth between "fighters get paid shit and need a union" and "fighters get paid so much they wouldn't notice a 100k fine".
ure right... he´s talkin´about elite [rich] fighters...

there's no solution for the eye poking problem. it's just part of the game. and since the majority of them are accidental, fining someone isn't fair
Actually, in those early UFCs with those fines, u had almost none...

I've never understood why they give so many warnings. In every other sport, they don't need to prove intent to actually get penalized for breaking the rules. Imagine a football game where a guy got a warning for pass interference. I get that a point is substantial so I can kind of see the argument for ONE warning, only IF it's obvious that it was an accident, but at the same time, I think that if it was an immediate point removal, you would almost neversee an eye poke.

Back