Volkan fought a way bigger man on Kadyrov show

TjDillashawCombo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I watched this fight recently and was impressed by Volkan great grappling skills. He was able to control a way bigger man on the ground most of the time. DC maybe in the biggest trouble of his career, January 20

I can't speak for whether he'll win at UFC 220 or not but Oezdemir is/was a part time HW on the regional scene. In fact when he got the call to fight OSP, I believe he was training for a fight at HW in Titan FC.

I watched this fight recently and was impressed by Volkan great grappling skills. He was able to control a way bigger man on the ground most of the time. DC maybe in the biggest trouble of his career, January 20

This was his last fight before the UFC right? If so, I watched most of it. It was a Lay n Pray fest by Volkan, and while I usually hate that, I was impressed that he managed to LnP a HW.

I still think DC ragdolls him, but Volkan has definitely improved his grappling in the past few years.

I can't speak for whether he'll win at UFC 220 or not but Oezdemir is/was a part time HW on the regional scene. In fact when he got the call to fight OSP, I believe he was training for a fight at HW in Titan FC.
Yep. In fact, the reason he was so drained for the OSP fight was because he quickly had to cut from his HW weight to 205.

Volkan is overrated as fuck. I will bet the house on DC:
Beating OSP while drained, one-shotting Cirkunov, and mauling Manuwa ain't too shabby for a first year in the UFC ;) Though I will say that we have to see him against wrestlers to determine where he really is. The DC fight should answer all questions.

Yep. In fact, the reason he was so drained for the OSP fight was because he quickly had to cut from his HW weight to 205.

Right right! I definitely remember reading a lot of media folks being stunned he'd try cutting on short notice given what he was training for at the time. Really impressive all things considered.

Again I don't know if Oezdemir will beat DC but I'm certainly not gonna discredit the guy.

Volkan weighed 240 and his opponent weighed 227 so i'm not sure where you got way bigger from,just saying.Controlling a 4-1 guy is a little different than hanging with Cormier on the ground lol.His grappling is probably very improved since he got taken down constantly and dominated in the wrestling by Anundson,so I guess we'll see what happens.

I was impressed that he managed to LnP a HW.

Volkan weighed 240 and his opponent weighed 227 so i'm not sure where you got way bigger from,just saying.Controlling a 4-1 guy is a little different than hanging with Cormier on the ground lol.His grappling is probably very improved since he got taken down constantly and dominated in the wrestling by Anundson,so I guess we'll see what happens.
He probably rehydrate himself to 260+ on the fight night

This guy is Struve size, looks 3x bigger than Oezdemir

He probably rehydrate himself to 260+ on the fight night

This guy is Struve size, looks 3x bigger than Oezdemir

Rehydrated for a HW fight?......Some people just look heavier than they are.The guy weighed in at 227,Volkan weighed in at 240,it wasn't a catchweight and the tall guy usually fights at LHW and even weighed in once at 202 for a LHW fight.The most the guy has weighed from what I can tell is 227.3 I agree the guy looks big,about the same size as Volkan at 240 but that's simply not the case,he isn't way bigger and the guy didn't cut weight at HW,that would be ridiculous.

Thia fight is really giving me perspective for the stipe vs ganny fight
<mma4>

Yet, can't get a finish in stand-up.
Nah, Cormier would murk Volk-Khan.

i like no time and im rooting for him

The only person who can beat D.C is Jones on roids.

Ya well he mightve whooped DC so bad hell never be the same. A "No Contest" on paper doesn't change the fact dude took some serious head trauma and could come back just gunshy chinny and not the same guy. Volkan has many questions to answer in this fight, but so does DC, even bigger ones than Volkan.

This fight could be a HUGE turning point in DC's career should he lose by KO.

Back