Ortega $100 K submission

License to Kill
@Silver
Reaction score
Ortega earned $100k in bonus for his submission over Cub <Moves>

He squeezed out every dollar he could. Impressive.

Always nice to see a young fighter pick up a big cheque.

Deserves more than that, really...but whatever. He pretty much finished Cub twice. When the ref broke them up at the end of Rnd 1, Cub got up and looked at T-City like..."wtf just happened" LOL.

The most impressive part about Ortega's BJJ, is how quickly he can finish the sub. I can't think of a moment in any of his fights where he used a sub attempt for positioning, or to score octagon-control points. Maybe the best BJJ finisher I've seen since prime BJ or Babalu.

Yet Ngannou doesn't get a bonus for his KO of the year and has to have the UFC pay him on the side. The fuck?

Deserves more than that, really...but whatever. He pretty much finished Cub twice. When the ref broke them up at the end of Rnd 1, Cub got up and looked at T-City like..."wtf just happened" LOL.

The most impressive part about Ortega's BJJ, is how quickly he can finish the sub. I can't think of a moment in any of his fights where he used a sub attempt for positioning, or to score octagon-control points. Maybe the best BJJ finisher I've seen since prime BJ or Babalu.
Closest I can think of is his three-sub-chain over Brandao. If the kid gets any limb close to your neck, odds are that you'll be tapping soon.

why 100k? Isnt that like double of the usual bonus?

Closest I can think of is his three-sub-chain over Brandao. If the kid gets any limb close to your neck, odds are that you'll be tapping soon.

Good call...that was sick.

Word is Dana paid him a "put Cub in eternal gatekeeper status"-bonus.

Good for him.. and for Ortega.

Well earned. Congrats.

Ortega will be a great match-up against Holloway. I think Ortega will beat him too

Damn dude can grapple. Best submission grappler at 145 imo!

Good for him. That kind of money changes lives. I look forward to seeing many good things coming from Ortega.

Ortega can submit Ngannou, lol

Last edited:
a black belt jiu jitsu fighter should look like what ortega done in the octagon.

many fighters in the octagon earned a black belt in jiu jitsu but u see nothing "special", just "basic stuff" or "takedown defense".

u almost saw the difference between jiu jitsu and classic wrestling on ortegas technical submission style in the octagon.

that is what made this fighter exiting to watch.

Back