RDA at 170...

Platinum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
He has beaten two inconsistent journeymen (in the UFC)

At least in my eyes RDA has not looked even nearly as good as he did at 155 before the loss to Alvarez. Noticeably slower.

Do you think that he will capture that gold belt?

In my opinion Lawler beats him and if he gets past Lawler, Woodley will be a nightmare match up for him. Much stronger, harder hitter, NCAA Division I wrestler.
<Fedor23>

He gets knocked out by a few guys near the top. His wrestling wont be as effective against guys that much bigger in my estimation.

People said the same things as he was going on his original LW run to the title: "Benson fight was stopped early" "Khabib ragdolled him, his wrestling is trash" "Stephens KOed him, Pettis will outclass him easily". We all saw what happened in the end.

RDA is a former champ and an elite, extremely well rounded fighter who is more than capable of beating or giving serious problems to anyone in any weightclass he competes in. As a big fan of Pettis who was one of many who didn't give RDA any chance of holding gold at 155, I wouldn't count him out of any fight until someone goes out and actually beats him.

Robbie didn't look that great against cowboy.

RDA beats that Robbie.

RDA is very well rounded, if he keeps the pressure on while mixing things up, he can make things interesting against Woodley.

He is a beast. But i doubt he will ever get a belt again.

He would suit a 165 weight division. Cut to '55 is hard.
There's some big fuckers at 170 that couldn't make it to '65 (and would love having to only reach '75).
A lot of fighters could suit '65 actually. The talent pool is big enough to host those divisions. The big '55ers could go there & the small ''70ers too.
This no revelation by me or new discussion, but just bringing it up again as I believe in it.

He has beaten two inconsistent journeymen (in the UFC)

At least in my eyes RDA has not looked even nearly as good as he did at 155 before the loss to Alvarez. Noticeably slower.

Do you think that he will capture that gold belt?

In my opinion Lawler beats him and if he gets past Lawler, Woodley will be a nightmare match up for him. Much stronger, harder hitter, NCAA Division I wrestler.
<Fedor23>

I'll tell you the problem TS
All his 'fans' didn't watch the Tarec fight

That was grim and I wouldn't of been outraged if they gave it Tarec

They saw that 1 minute sub against Magny though!!!!

You know... Magny.. that world beater?

Robbie retires RDA soon

I'll tell you the problem TS
All his 'fans' didn't watch the Tarec fight

That was grim and I wouldn't of been outraged if they gave it Tarec

They saw that 1 minute sub against Magny though!!!!

You know... Magny.. that world beater?

Robbie retires RDA soon
Amen to that

How is he a monster exactly? :I because he submitted BJJ wizard Neil Magny?
Neil Magny beat Gastelum, Lombard and Hendricks, it was an amazing feat for another manlet to not only beat but destroy him. :D

Magney and tarec were bad match ups for RDA due to size, not their records

Woodley is no khabib, he's not going to hold RDA for 3 rounds let alone 5, he either finishes RDA in the first by KO or ground and pound, or RDA is going to beat the Brakes off him....

Forget the wrestling, RDA can go 5 rounds of pretty intense stand up, he simply has the wrestling and ground skills to utilize when that will be most effective.

Lawler/Cowboy could have went either way and Robbie didn't look great. RDA/Cowboy was a slaughter. MMA math never fails.

As a RDA fan I can see him cracking through Lawler but I don't see a WW belt in his future gatekeeper fighter @WW.

Magney and tarec were bad match ups for RDA due to size, not their records

Woodley is no khabib, he's not going to hold RDA for 3 rounds let alone 5, he either finishes RDA in the first by KO or ground and pound, or RDA is going to beat the Brakes off him....

Forget the wrestling, RDA can go 5 rounds of pretty intense stand up, he simply has the wrestling and ground skills to utilize when that will be most effective.
We haven't seen RDA go 5 rounds @ 170 lbs

Back