Can Stipe Miocic stop the Francis Ngannou train?

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Chael P Sonnen weighs in, and brings some interesting variables.

Can Ngannou overcome the current champ, on less than a couple months notice?

And what if Stipe switches things up, and uses his collegiate-level wrestling?

This fight has SO many interesting, unanswered questions...

0BVDX8g.gif

Stipe by KO in the first.

I feel like we will be keep riding on that train for a while. Our journey isn't going to end with a title shot but at least 5 or more titles defense. Yeah kind a long journey.

I favor Ngannou with the heavy hands. However Stipe has better technique and grappling and can knock him out too. It's HW so anything can happen.

Francis has never been out of the 2nd round. Stipe has better footwork and wrestling. I think he uses his wrestling to keep Francis from being able to get off with his hands like he's used to doing, kind of neutralize him a bit. Take him into deeper water then finish him in the 4-5th or..Francis KO's him in the first.

Smart moneys on Miocic though, his game is much more refined

He sure can. He is very good. Will he? We'll see.

He sure can. He is very good. Will he? We'll see.

Yeah pretty much that. It'll be interesting to see how he fights. I assume Stipe has a pretty big wrestling and ground game advantage.

Yeah pretty much that. It'll be interesting to see how he fights. I assume Stipe has a pretty big wrestling and ground game advantage.
Yes, most likely. Hope we get a good fight to watch.

Regarding wrestling: we all saw how successful Overeem was in holding him against the fence.

Maybe. Especially if the chief exercises in Ngannou's training camp consist of Jumping to Conclusions and Getting Ahead of Oneself.

This is where I would like to have a discussion about race and PED's. But no, that cannot happen. All I am saying is, racial biology wise, load Stipe up on every PED Dana can get his crusty eyes on. Now its fair.

0BVDX8g.gif

Stipe by KO in the first.

Honestly I think that's probably what it comes down to, who lands first. I mean if it does go past a couple of rounds I suspect Stipe might have the edge in cardio/experience but I don't think defensively he's good enough to bank on that, has to at least hurt Ngannou to keep him off of him.

Regarding wrestling: we all saw how successful Overeem was in holding him against the fence.

Yeah...but Overeem doesn't have the wrestling background that Stipe does. Where one fails, the other could succeed.

IDK who will win this fight, but I see a 1st rnd KO coming either way.

Ngannou is a phenom.

He's going to finish Stipe in round one.

Looking at his progression in the small time he's been training, he seems like he might be in Jon Jones territory when it comes to talent. He's not just athletic, he has a mind for the sport.

Remember, Jon wrestled at a high level for years before training mma, not Ngannou.

He'll probably take Ngannou down and tire him out or at least slow him down.

Ngannou is a phenom.

He's going to finish Stipe in round one.

Looking at his progression in the small time he's been training, he seems like he might be in Jon Jones territory when it comes to talent. He's not just athletic, he has a mind for the sport.

Remember, Jon wrestled at a high level for years before training mma, not Ngannou.

Honestly that's my prediction, Stipe can't avoid Ngannou's bombs, not sure he gets clean KOed like Reem but perhaps hurt and then swarmed.

That said I do think this is two guys with big power and not amazing defence, the same fight could probably go down many different ways.

I think people just jump on trains like there is hope for something, anything, better than where they are. Hope is the denial of reality. Crippling depression is one hell of a drug, and false hopes and empty promises make a great cut leader. I guess what I’m saying is that Stipe can KTFO of any opponent by connecting a punch, which he happens to be a champion in an organization, as a professional athlete. So, fuck yes. All a bored.

Back