Should Brian Ortega Leap-Frog Frankie Edgar For A Title Shot? (Poll)

Should Brian Ortega Leap-Frog Frankie Edgar?

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What do you think?

Brian Ortega is 5-0 in the UFC. Finished all his fights. Would be 6-0 but got popped. As we all know he just finished Cub Swanson with another spectacular submission. A lot of people viewed this one as a #1 contender fight.

Frankie Edgar was supposed to fight Holloway but was pulled from the fight do to an injury that gave us the massacre known as Holloway vs. Aldo II.

Do you think Edgar should keep his shot and fight Holloway when he's all healed up? Or with this win does Brian Ortega leap frog Frankie and deserve to get the fight with Max Holloway?

Frankie should keep his title shot. Ortega agrees with me.

I still really want to see Max vs Frankie.

Frankie should fight Ortega. Number 1 contender fight.

Yes, because Ortega actually has a chance of winning.

frankie is a legend doesn't have much time left

would love to see him get another opportunity

No, excited to see Frankie style vs Max.

Yes T-City should fight Max for title. Need start getting these new stars some shine.

Frankie should fight Ortega. Number 1 contender fight.

Screw that, Holloway looks like a potential long term champ who wants to fight regularly. We're going to need to keep him fed with contenders rather than letting the best of them knock each other off and deprive of us of quality title fights.

Ortega is still improving. Why rush it?

It would be nice to free the FW title from Aldo/Holloway/Frankie carousel but Ortega would benefit from another fight against one of the FW old guard against Lamas(providing he beats Emmett).

Now if Frankie's injury recovery becomes longer and can't make a Spring title fight then pull the trigger on T-City. No good reason to ice a fighting champ like Holloway in that scenario.

I think ortega should get it, because the fight game is based on momentum...and Ortega definitely has that right now

Max will prob fight Frankie next. It’s a bigger money fight

Ortega has a bright future ahead but Frankie should be nearing the end of his career and must get this opportunity asap.

I'd prefer to see Ortega vs Holloway now, but wouldn't be upset if Frankie got the next shot.

Holloway vs Edgar
Ortega vs Lamas (assuming Lamas beats Emmett next week) for #1 contender

Fuck Frankie. He's had so many shots at the title. You have 2 of the best, youngest, hungriest fighters in the division at 25 and 26 years old. Make this fight now and Frankie can have leftovers. This fight will make more money too so wouldn't be surprised if Dana makes that call to Frankie

Think Ortega is still too rough around the edges. Build him up slowly like they did with Max himself.

Just let Frankie get his last chance, Ortega respectfully agreed as well.

It would be nice to free the FW title from Aldo/Holloway/Frankie carousel but Ortega would benefit from another fight against one of the FW old guard against Lamas(providing he beats Emmett).

Now if Frankie's injury recovery becomes longer and can't make a Spring title fight then pull the trigger on T-City. No good reason to ice a fighting champ like Holloway in that scenario.
The only fight that makes sense now for Ortega would be Lamas. Would be a good fight. I do think Ortega deserves the shot now. I think he should get it over Frankie for sure.

Give Frankie his final chance at gold. Ortega has plenty of time to win that title and he himself thinks Frankie should get his shot.

I don’t know the severity of Edgar’s injury though. If he’s out for a few more months give it to Ortega.

Back