Can Bisping possibly become a legend (HOFer) from here?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I absolutely respect a few things about The Count.

#1 Willing to jump back in so soon.
#2 He may not have ALL the skills of an A+ fighter but, does have the, Warriors, I won't give up mentality. (Hendo knocking him senseless reminded me of it)
#3 He has a great record, although a decent amount have been decision wins.
#4 He jumped at the opportunity to face the BEST Luke Rockhold and annihilated him.

Things that will hamper ME from seeing him as a TRUE legend and HOFer:

#1 Everytime he faced a top 10 guy, 95% of his career, he either folded or could not finish them.
Examples:
#1 Rashad was his first test BUT, went the distance and lost.
#2 Beat Leben by going the distance but, Leben was just a TOUGH talentless SOB.
#3 Knocked into Kansas by Hendo in Part 1.
#4 Went the distance with prime Wandy, but lost. (Major props for going the distance)
#5 Beat a very good Jorge Rivera, MODERATE props.
#6 Lost to Chael by decision (Not too bad)
#7 Beat a prime Brian Stann BUT, by decision. (A GREAT Feat, nonetheless!)
#8 lost to Vitor (PEDs aside)
#9 Lost to Tim Kennedy (Decisioned)
#10 Beat a 41 year old Anderson Silva by decision but, was finished if Anderson blitz him.
#11 Beat a 45 year old Hendo by decision but whose face looked worse than the first KO. Won the decision by jabathon 2016!
#12 Finished by a fighter below his weight class (GSP) AND with a 4 year layoff.
#13 HE DUCKED the top 10 once he got that belt. (Yoel, Chris, Jacare, etc..)

I remember Mike saying that he was taking those money fights because he wanted to cement his legacy. Well, I still believe he has more to do if he wants to accomplish that.

He is the Jorge Posada of MMA....A tough SOB that never gives up but is very questionable to whether he belongs in the HOF.

Thoughts?

See how he ends up after ufc London...

You have a skewed sense of what hall of fame worthy is. Look at any hall of fame in sports, it isn't reserved for the absolute best or only the goats. That being said, Mike is among the UFC leaders in wins, is the current record holder for significant strikes landed in the companies history, and is a former champion in both TUF, and in the promotion itself. Bisping is 100% going into the hall of fame regardless of any "black marks" on his resume you think he has.

You have a skewed sense of what hall of fame worthy is. Look at any hall of fame in sports, it isn't reserved for the absolute best or only the goats. That being said, Mike is among the UFC leaders in wins, is the current record holder for significant strikes landed in the companies history, and is a former champion in both TUF, and in the promotion itself. Bisping is 100% going into the hall of fame regardless of any "black marks" on his resume you think he has.

This.

Plus he is one of the last true warriors.

Mad man. Hall of Fame for sure.

He got a detached retina from TRT Vitor i mean do the math. Michael's a legend.

#4 Went the distance with prime Wandy, but lost. (Major props for going the distance)

q3iCWqE.gif

HOF'er for sure.

I understand people wanting to give Bisping props for all he's accomplished. The man is one of the greatest over achievers in MMA, but he he didn't have enough of those marquee performances that really locked in his legend status.

As already stated, Bisping had trouble everytime a fight counted (top contender/title eliminator), really his only standout moment is against Rockhold. An amazing feat, and I don't want to take anything away from him, but legendary fighters have multiple moments like this, where they showed the audience just how special they where. Ex: Anderson Silva, GSP, BJ Penn, Chuck Liddell, Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier, even Conor McGregor(already).

Mike deserves all the credit he receives, he's an amazing, decorated fighter, with a hof career. Just not legendary.

Bisping is a hall of fame 100% he may have never been the best but he still has an incredible ufc career 99% of future fighters would dream to have. Hes entertained.. hes faught frequently... He's a true fighter a d i respect him for his work in mma

He already is a HOF'er in my opinion, his career on top of what he's done for the sport in the UK is a HOF career for sure.

He's already there, based on longetivity and sustained relevance.

He was rarely, if ever, top 5. But he won the big fight when he had to, and remained a big name in the division for 10 years.

HOF worthy if you ask me.

Also echoing his future HOF status.

I'm sure it doesn't matter to him but I really gained a lot of respect for him over the years. Starting as a full blown hater who could watch the hendo KO on loop for hours.

I kind of feel like a lot of people are the same. That their opinion has changed on him

I wonder if he is aware how hardcore fans have grown to appreciate him

He's a former TUF winner
He beat Anderson Silva
He won the middleweight title
He defended the middleweight title
He has the joint most wins in UFC history

He's already a hall of famer, and rightfully so.

LOL if Michael fucking Bisping makes it into the HOF, then you can just as well add Sam Hoger and Elvis Sinosic.
What's with all the Bisping talk recently? Just because he accepted some tough fights, he's all of a sudden that great MMA legend?

Back