Wonderboy Literally Toyed With a Striker of Masvidal's Caliber

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
This guy really is one of the best strikers in MMA right now, props to Woodley for having any sort of success against him on the feet. Just watched Thompsons fight with Masvidal again and I am still in awe. His footwork was prestine not to mention the angle he takes when he drops Masvidal it's just beautiful. Jorge has held his own against every striker he has faced but Wonderboy make him look amateur and never was in any real danger. Who should Wonderboy fight next?

IMG_0111.JPG

Masvidal was undersized by a lot tho. It was a big WW against a LW. It wasn't a domination either.

Feed Colby to Wonderboy. Enjoy how that one turns out.

Only condit have a chance beating wonderboy on feet

Wonderboy is amazing.

We've never seen a striker like that in the octagon before.

Anyone that didn't enjoy the Wonderboy vs Masvidal masterclass performance has no business watching this sport.

Masvidal was undersized by a lot tho. It was a big WW against a LW. It wasn't a domination either.
Maybe not a domination but it was very one sided. Swept all three rounds and got a 10-8 on one of the scorecards. When has a fighter EVER done that to Mas on the feet?

When Wonderboy doesn't have to worry about takedowns he can beat up just about anyone on the feet

Maybe not a domination but it was very one sided. Swept all three rounds and got a 10-8 on one of the scorecards. When has a fighter EVER done that to Mas on the feet?
Yeah he won all three, but the 10-8 was off imo. And yeah, no one has done that to Mas.

Tbf, alan DID say just prior to this fight that he was worried about how Masvidal would do against the size AND skills of WB.

I was surprised to hear him say that, as he ALWAYS has Gamebreds back. He's a true fan of the Cuban fighters.

He was honest in his assessment of Jorge stepping up against one of the best in the division (maybe THE best outside of woodley) who was noticeably bigger than Masvidal.

Wonderboy is definitely a difficult match-up for ANYONE at ww. Anyone saying otherwise simply has not watched his fights. He's a scary dude at 170.

Tbf, alan DID say just prior to this fight that he was worried about how Masvidal would do against the size AND skills of WB.

I was surprised to hear him say that, as he ALWAYS has Gamebreds back. He's a true fan of the Cuban fighters.

He was honest in his assessment of Jorge stepping up against one of the best in the division (maybe THE best outside of woodley) who was noticeably bigger than Masvidal.

Wonderboy is definitely a difficult match-up for ANYONE at ww. Anyone saying otherwise simply has not watched his fights. He's a scary dude at 170.
Platinum by first round KO

Platinum by first round KO

Sit down, and relax son

tumblr_oicxuoJD3P1rofocqo1_500.gif

Privately I entertained the same thoughts, but I was hoping Jorge could pull it off. WB is a great striker and deserves the recognition as being one of the elites of the division.

Yeah, WB something special. Can't remember the last time Mas got whooped that bad (maybe the rustam khabilov fight? what happened to that guy anyway,btw?). If tyron wasn't around he'd be champ no doubt. They need to do WB vs Ruthless.

Back