Askren might still come to the UFC

Treeloy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I saw him in an interview recently, I can't remember which show but he said he would be willing to fight again if it was against the best in the world. That pretty much translates to I'm willing to fight again if the UFC gives me a contract. His remarks towards the UFC indicate to me that he's frustrated that the UFC doesn't seem to be interested in him.

I think someone needs to step in and get the deal done for Ben and get him signed to the UFC, similar to how Freddie Roach stepped in to save the deal with GSP and the UFC. Let's get a good 2-3 years out of him in the UFC before he retires. It's absolutely a possibility and I think it would be silly for the UFC not to take advantage of this.

just saw a video with askren saying he like everyone except Dana White.

he not coming to the UFC. He's not coming to the UFC for the same reason Fitch was kicked out

just saw a video with askren saying he like everyone except Dana White.

he not coming to the UFC. He's not coming to the UFC for the same reason Fitch was kicked out

That doesn't mean he can't fight for the UFC. Dana has had a lot of fighters on the roster he doesn't get along with.

this would maybe be cool 3 years ago.

well, he actively ducked every legitimate competition after signing with ONE, so I would be surprised if he actually finally went to the UFC

They wouldnt pay him nearly what he made in ONE, he isnt doing it.

If he works when he takes people down, I have no issue with him. If he just sits there and doesn't work then get out.

Man, I sure hope so but Askren has never seemed interested in proving himself against top competition.

He'd smother everyone in his division, then talk trash about it.

Dana would hate him for winning.

Man, I sure hope so but Askren has never seemed interested in proving himself against top competition.

Not for Reebok money he wouldn't.

I don't blame him.

It's not the Funky Ones fault about top comp, he tried to get the ufc deal and couldnt. He has never ducked anyone and is a beast to watch. As his skill set developed so did his finishing rate and has been a joy to watch.

I absolutely want to see him in the UFC. Such BS people are saying he is hiring, he’s finished his last 8 opponents I believe. Granted they weren’t the best but oh well, he can’t get any competition.

Back