Concerned for Diego Sanchez

Antix

Champion Cheeto Fingers
@Green
Reaction score
I'm genuinely concerned about Diego Sanchez' decision to continue fighting after the horrific knockout loss to Matt Brown.

I'm watching his war with Melendez on fight pass (still one of my all time favourite fights) and it just reminds me how much his style and skill has not changed at all over the course of his career. He's that warrior that bites down on his mouth piece and continues to throw bombs without any care for the damage he receives in return, that's why we liked watching his fights.

But the difference is now his chin has completely gone and the skill and talent of the newer generation of fighter is leaps and bounds above Sanchez'

He's been knocked out in 3 of his last 4 fights but seems to show little regard in interviews as to the impact this is probably having in his health, little awareness to his relevance at this point to the division.

Does anyone want to continue watching Sanchez fight and do you think the UFC will continue to book him in the future? If so what do you think his position is in the division now?

lol1.gif

The bleed god enjoys Diego's presence.

I once watched a longest drive competition, so it's a fair assumption that I will continue watching Diego fight.

But he probably should stop.

There's so many fighters that just don't want to call it quits, although I think it's pretty obvious they should.

Sokodjou and Bigfoot are a couple of others off the top of my head.

You mean Diego “the decision” Sanchez? The Gilbert fight reinvigorated his brand, but people have short memories. He used to be that wierd guy who was all about Jesus. He was good enough to beat fan favorites like Karo and Diaz, but could never put himself in the title picture for an extended period.

He’s a shell of his former self and needs to retire. Just because i never really liked him doesn’t mean i want to see him take unnecessary punishment.

Diego should have retired 6 years ago. At this point it probably doesn't make much difference TBH.

I'm genuinely concerned about Diego Sanchez' decision to continue fighting after the horrific knockout loss to Matt Brown.

I'm watching his war with Melendez on fight pass (still one of my all time favourite fights) and it just reminds me how much his style and skill has not changed at all over the course of his career. He's that warrior that bites down on his mouth piece and continues to throw bombs without any care for the damage he receives in return, that's why we liked watching his fights.

But the difference is now his chin has completely gone and the skill and talent of the newer generation of fighter is leaps and bounds above Sanchez'

He's been knocked out in 3 of his last 4 fights but seems to show little regard in interviews as to the impact this is probably having in his health, little awareness to his relevance at this point to the division.

Does anyone want to continue watching Sanchez fight and do you think the UFC will continue to book him in the future? If so what do you think his position is in the division now?
The boy is a warrior. But he s been in too many wars now.
I've been thinking he should have hung the gloves up after the bj Penn fight...

Pure warrior spirit and heart.. absolute respect for him..
But the Matt brown ko was a killer...

I feel sorry for Diego. I don't think he ever had the capability to understand the consequences of serious head trauma. And now it's difficult to determine if he's already suffering from brain trauma because you can go back and watch old videos of him drinking magic stevia potion, doing yes cartwheels, and not notice a difference

These type of threads pop up every time Diego loses a fight

The JBG’s have drank deeply from the well of Diego Sanchez...
diego-sanchez-bloody-mess-bj-penn2.jpg

method%253Dget%2526s%253Ddiego-sanchez.jpg

20131019_jla_rb1_894.0.jpg

He has earned his place in Valhalla

Into a living death!

I am living this nightmare now. You nailed it. I doubt very much he is capable of making a good decision about fighting, quitting. I cant make basic choices now without help. I never got punched in the head for a living either. I played other sports that did this and car wrecks.

The dude must be forced to stop ala Chuck.

Diego will probably continue to fight until bits and pieces of his skull and brain are falling off inside the cage

I once watched a longest drive competition, so it's a fair assumption that I will continue watching Diego fight.

But he probably should stop.
The UFC should protect him and match him with grapplers or soft handed fighters. He has taken way too much punishment and he didn't have a lot of brain cells to spare to begin with.

Back