Harder fight for Khabib: barboza or ferguson?

Notoriouskd

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Part of me feels team AKA believe Tony matches up well with Khabib and barboza being super dangerous from the feet along with quick knees when the opponent shoots could ruin Khabib whole Aura of invincibility with that undefeated record.

Who's a tougher fight for Khabib?

Ferguson.

He has solid jitz on the ground, even off his back.

Barboza has murderous kicks, but I don't see him doing well once Khabib gets ahold of him.

Ferg.

Barboza won’t stop the takedown, ferg has grappling and good sub game to pose threats to khabibs game plan. Sure barbozas striking is way better but ferg can still pose threats with his unorthodox striking of his own.

I think it's pretty even. Barboza is a far better striker but Tony can hold his own with the grappling I think.

I don't think either one can handle Nurmagomedov.

Khabib will take down Barboza at will and absolutely wreck him. I believe he beats Ferg too but Ferg has the best chance to beat him as he is good everywhere.

He doesn't want that fight with ferg. Khabib did the same thing with Cowboy. Guys that can kick and have good game off their back, Khabib won't fight.

I actually like Khabib, but he pulled out of the Cowboy & Ferguson fights on multiple occasions. You can't talk about a guy who does this, as a legit title contender.

Edit: & again, I like Khabib.

He doesn't want that fight with ferg. Khabib did the same thing with Cowboy. Guys that can kick and have good game off their back, Khabib won't fight.

I actually like Khabib, but he pulled out of the Cowboy & Ferguson fights on multiple occasions. You can't talk about a guy who does this, as a legit title contender.

Edit: & again, I like Khabib.
He blatantly obviously DOES want the Ferguson fight. Don't be stupid

I think both are just as tough

Tony is the tougher fight. Khabib will son Barboza all day.

He blatantly obviously DOES want the Ferguson fight. Don't be stupid
So, if he signs the fight contract, and then pulls out for the 4rth time, what then? Just because he made a twitter post about it, and said that he wants a title shot, doesn't mean that he does. I'll take his history as evidence of the contrary.

Both are bad match ups.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he shows up for the Barboza fight.

Tony is much tougher fight, better in the striking and the ground. Much better chin and gas tank too. Yes yes yes I know some people will debate the striking but Tony for me is much more creative and crafty in the striking.. and has a better chin which is also part of striking. Barboza has great leg kicks but is not as creative as Tony. Tony has much better wrestling and subs.

Idk has Barboza fought a very strong wrestler? If so how'd it go?

IMO Barboza is the harder fight.

Barboza can KO you in a flash.

Ferg doesn't have that type of power or explosion.

Also, my memory is bad but I swear I remember seeing a round end with Kevin Lee on top of Ferg in the mount raining punches. Not saying Ferg was saved by the bell but he might have been.

If Lee can get to full mount in the first round then I know Khabib can. I know Ferg has great cardio but that might never become a factor if he gets mounted and pounded to smithereens in the first round.

Both can make weight, so thats a big problem for Khabib.

IMO Barboza is the harder fight.

Barboza can KO you in a flash.

Ferg doesn't have that type of power or explosion.

Also, my memory is bad but I swear I remember seeing a round end with Kevin Lee on top of Ferg in the mount raining punches. Not saying Ferg was saved by the bell but he might have been.

If Lee can get to full mount in the first round then I know Khabib can. I know Ferg has great cardio but that might never become a factor if he gets mounted and pounded to smithereens in the first round.
I agree. Ferguson is very well rounded but Barboza is a guy with a lot less to lose in my opinion. Khabib is SUPPOSED to beat him and get a title shot next year and those are the fights that are most dangerous.

I'm in the minority here, but honestly I think Barboza's the more difficult fight. His takedown-defense would be the game changer for me. Striking wise, they both wreck Khabib, but I think Khabib's chance of grinding on Ferguson are higher

barboza can win in a flash with a flying knee or head kick and ferg can beat you by grinding you down in 2-3 rounds. id say ferg has more ways to win obviously whether its off his back or being unorthodox on the feet but barboza is more dangerous especially due to the striking disadvantage that nurmy would have

Back