Jose Aldo responds to Colby Covington disrespecting Brazil: Covington is ‘digging his own grave’

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...ngton-digging-his-own-grave-ufc-news#comments

Jose Aldo is the newest UFC fighter to disapprove of Colby Covington’s recent antics. After many Brazilians and non-Brazilians expressed their opinions on the welterweight’s recent run-ins with Brazil and former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum, it was the former UFC featherweight champion’s turn to say what he felt about the situation.

As Aldo put it, he doesn’t feel like Covington’s is expressing himself in a good self-promoting manner, like Conor McGregor, and is, in fact, setting himself up for disaster.

“I don’t think he’s taking a page out of Conor McGregor’s book,” Aldo said (via Combate). “He did it because that’s the way he is. He badmouthed Jon Jones, too, who used to live with him. He’s not only against Brazilians. He’s looking for something. He’s digging his own grave, I can’t do anything about it.”

Covington was sent home by UFC officials after his incident with Fabricio Werdum in Sydney, Australia. Werdum threw a boomerang at him in a heated confrontation, and Covington has since pressed charges. During the altercation, Covington once again said that Brazilians were “filthy animals,” a line he pulled at UFC Sao Paulo after his win over Demian Maia. Covington was scheduled to appear at a UFC Q&A session prior to UFC Sydney before the UFC opted to pull him from the lineup.

Jose Aldo is now set to rematch Max Holloway for the UFC featherweight title at UFC 218, on December 2 in Detroit, Michigan.

War Aldo!

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...ngton-digging-his-own-grave-ufc-news#comments

Jose Aldo is the newest UFC fighter to disapprove of Colby Covington’s recent antics. After many Brazilians and non-Brazilians expressed their opinions on the welterweight’s recent run-ins with Brazil and former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum, it was the former UFC featherweight champion’s turn to say what he felt about the situation.

As Aldo put it, he doesn’t feel like Covington’s is expressing himself in a good self-promoting manner, like Conor McGregor, and is, in fact, setting himself up for disaster.

“I don’t think he’s taking a page out of Conor McGregor’s book,” Aldo said (via Combate). “He did it because that’s the way he is. He badmouthed Jon Jones, too, who used to live with him. He’s not only against Brazilians. He’s looking for something. He’s digging his own grave, I can’t do anything about it.”

Covington was sent home by UFC officials after his incident with Fabricio Werdum in Sydney, Australia. Werdum threw a boomerang at him in a heated confrontation, and Covington has since pressed charges. During the altercation, Covington once again said that Brazilians were “filthy animals,” a line he pulled at UFC Sao Paulo after his win over Demian Maia. Covington was scheduled to appear at a UFC Q&A session prior to UFC Sydney before the UFC opted to pull him from the lineup.

Jose Aldo is now set to rematch Max Holloway for the UFC featherweight title at UFC 218, on December 2 in Detroit, Michigan.

War Aldo!
Viperdude says that Colby is trying to talk like a Conor while trying to act like a Chael. Thee mixture doesnt work. For one because fans find Conor amusing and at times humorous but thats his personality, hes being real. Chael was being comical and people knew he was selling the fights and had pretty good material. Colby is more like that guy that starts to insult you with "your mom" jokes that you heard 10 years ago and trys to hurt your feelings but you're just wtf?

Why people keep talking about that Cannington snitch is beyond me.

Let his name die already...next top 10 fight, and it's back to the prelims.

Boo hoo lol at all these salty Brazilians that can't take a joke.

Brazilians are like school in July.

No class.

I remember when Mike Pierce decided he was going to market himself by creating a beef with Brazilians. Didn't end well

giphy.gif

Jose Aldo responds to Colby Covington disrespecting Brazil: Covington is ‘digging his own grave’

f7FdEdG.jpg

Werdum_Boomerang.JPG

Why people keep talking about that Cannington snitch is beyond me.

Let his name die already...next top 10 fight, and it's back to the prelims.

He just beat up perennial top contender in Demian Maia... Unfortunately, I don't think he's going anywhere any time soon. You can try to stick 'Cannington' on him all you want, but sadly he has a lot of skill behind that ignorant mouth.

It’s the grand Brazilian pile on. Every fucker needs to talk shit about Colby.

He just beat up perennial top contender in Demian Maia... Unfortunately, I don't think he's going anywhere any time soon. You can try to stick 'Cannington' on him all you want, but sadly he has a lot of skill behind that ignorant mouth.

Oh yes...the fight where he was getting outstruck by K-1 Maia......so much skill that he wanted nothing to do with Usman, who's supposedly ranked lower than him LOL

He's a flash in the pan, and he knows it.

Colby made Maia look like Floyd Mayweather before Maia gassed.

But there's no good Brazilians at WW.

Colby will have to get KO'd by an American in Woodley.

He has already dug it

The ufc pretty much cock slapped him back to america when they sent him home from Australia

damn Brazilians needs to stop with these metaphors ( i hope.)

Oh yes...the fight where he was getting outstruck by K-1 Maia......so much skill that he turned down the fight with Usman, who supposedly ranked lower than him LOL...

He's a flash in the pan, and one gets the feeling that he knows it.

Even Colby with his room temperature IQ knows Usman smashes him.

He's trying to get a titleshot, not CTE.

Oh yes...the fight where he was getting outstruck by K-1 Maia......so much skill that he turned down the fight with Usman, who supposedly ranked lower than him LOL...

He's a flash in the pan, and one gets the feeling that he knows it.

For a guy who calls himself "truth is freedom", you sure don't seem to mind bending the truth here to fit your bias against a guy you don't like.

I don't like Colby either, but he did beat up Demian Maia. We gotta give him that.

There is a lot i love about Brazil and Brazilians but the mob mentality and hypocritical pride they have has gotten old.

Oh yes...the fight where he was getting outstruck by K-1 Maia......so much skill that he wanted nothing to do with Usman, who's supposedly ranked lower than him LOL

He's a flash in the pan, and he knows it.
To be fair though, Maia makes everyone look like shit, even the one's that beat him.
Colby, Woodley, Weidman, Anderson

A win over Maia is an impressive accomplishment imo

For a guy who calls himself "truth is freedom", you sure don't seem to mind bending the truth here to fit your bias against a guy you don't like.

I don't like Colby either, but he did beat up Demian Maia. We gotta give him that.

He did beat Maia....but not with out making Maia's striking look stellar, which is kind of embarrassing....

Just feed him to the Lawler/RDA winner or Wonderboy already and let this douchebag rest in peace

Back