Whats with people ragging on stipe for losing to Struve?

People rag on GSP for losing to Serra too...

When you have a guy on a good win streak it's easy for people to find the - negative in his record and magnify it . Even tho he got finished I thought he showed a DAMN good chin in that fight . He took a lot of clean shots and stayed standing . He was very green at the time too

Stipe is p4p the most disliked champ on sherdog....for what reason i still dont know

People on sherdog keep talking about non blacks only supporting white champ....then pray tell why does 90% of sherdoggers want to see a black as night cameroonian knock him the fuck out with all their heart

Woodley actually says triggering and annoying atatement and is literally putting actual effort in to troll for attention.....meanwhile stipe can barely speak the english language, so who knows if hes insulting you

Ive also noticed his only ride or die fans are either from ohio or originally from there(myself included)

Early on in his career The guy slips, gets eyepoked and "Standing tko'd" by struve and everybody says "STIPE GOT KTFO BY STRUVE.... HE SUCKS BIG ASS MONKEY BALL...SOUTH CAROLINA WUZZUP!!!@$!!!!!"

Meanwhile silva was getting beat up by ryo chonan and actually getting knocked the fuck out in boxing, but those things to this day are still rarely brought up in his fans circlejerk Threads

Respect wise, hes looking more and more like tim sylvia everyday
<{hughesimpress}>

Stipe is p4p the most disliked champ on sherdog....for what reason i still dont know

People on sherdog keep talking about non blacks only supporting white champ....then pray tell why does 90% of sherdoggers want to see a black as night cameroonian knock him the fuck out with all their heart

Woodley actually says triggering and annoying atatement and is literally putting actual effort in to troll for attention.....meanwhile stipe can barely speak the english language, so who knows if hes insulting you

Ive also noticed his only ride or die fans are either from ohio or originally from there(myself included)

Early on in his career The guy slips, gets eyepoked and "Standing tko'd" by struve and everybody says "STIPE GOT KTFO BY STRUVE.... HE SUCKS BIG ASS MONKEY BALL...SOUTH CAROLINA WUZZUP!!!@$!!!!!"

Meanwhile silva was getting beat up by ryo chonan and actually getting knocked the fuck out in boxing, but those things to this day are still rarely brought up in his fans circlejerk Threads

<{hughesimpress}>
Lmao thats what I mean, what about anderson getting subbed in spectacular fashion, what about woodley getting KTFO by Nate?

I mean it comes down to how your judging him doesn't it? no that loss isn't enough to claim he's a poor fighter, yes its somewhat significant if your looking at say his all time ranking at HW,

Honestly I find Stipe one of the more likeble champs at the moment and certainly one of the most entertaining guys to watch in the higher weightclasses. Its a shame there aren't a lot more new faces at his level in the division.

People have talked a lot more about the Serra loss throughout the years than Stipe losing to Struve.
It's just recently the Struve loss has been brought up more often I feel. Probably the more Stipe wins the more people will bring it up to discredit him, weird people with no life.
Relax, don't get worked up by what they say.

Sherdog is full of petty, insecure people. Full of idiots. Full of trolls.

Best not to worry about them.

<{hughesimpress}>

<escalate99>

People generally perceive the HW division as being weak, which is why Stipe doesn't get the amount of respect he deserves. That, and he's not very charismatic.

Because losing to a guy 5 years ago is a clear indication of your current worth, obviously.

And yet ppl suck Cain’s balls for beating Bigfoot Silva 2x, a senile Nog and going 2-1 with JDS

i have literally never heard anyone ragging on stipe for anything man. fighters are in the public eye and take heat sometimes just because. its nothing more than that.

I can't imagine why somebody would rag on him for getting KO'd by a can. It just doesn't make sense.

People seem to think that mma fighters who are on top are superheroes from a comic book or wwe characters who are scripted.

Instead of looking at the character, lol, look at the skill set and improvement of a fighter. Take a moment to realize that athletes have good days and bad days, understand that some people matchup well with some and badly with others. Heavyweight is especially tough because of the potential for knock outs.

There are days where a lesser fighter can zap a better fighter, that's the game. Any real fan has seen it happen more than once and should know this. There is always a chance, that is kind of a big part of the whole appeal.

What do you expect though, a lot of people watched wwe and thought that shit was real until they finally fessed up so having distorted views of the fight game and unrealistic expectations by many shouldn't be that much of a shock I guess.

People on sherdog will always bring up fighters previous losses.
Especially if it was to a ‘infirior/low ranked’ fighter and especially if people are talking about him being unbeatable now.

Examples: GSP v Serra
Silva v Chonan
MM v Pickett
Woodly v Nate
Conor v Duffy
Stipe v Struve

This is sherdog

Back