Is this the biggest example in MMA of "damn, how the f*ck did I miss that opportunity!"?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Get paid millions of dollars and change your life forever or keep the UFC belt for a few more months and have the chance to try and defend it properly??? RDA chose the second option. He lost the red panty night and the ufc belt on his next fight.

He is a great fighter and I´m a huge fan, but man I feel sorry for him missing that opportunity.

Thoughts?

fight-doctor--rda-and-his-dancers-fracture-1.jpg

Not just a missed opportunity, that would of been a great fight.

RDA should a waited and nursed his foot longer of anything. Seems to me he wasnt fully headed which is why his weight cut was shit for eddie. By then the Nate fights would have played out and he'd have Conor anyway.

inb4 a bunch of mindless apes spew out the word 'duck' knowing full well he broke his motherfucking foot

I should have bought the UFC 15 years a go for $2M.

he was injured. and at the end of the day, that wasn't the problem, the problem was losing to human punching bag eddie sanchez, that was never supposed to happen

he was injured. and at the end of the day, that wasn't the problem, the problem was losing to human punching bag eddie sanchez, that was never supposed to happen
I think you mean Eddie Alvarez

Sanchez is the kicking bag Cro Cop used

He would have been just a moving target, so the outcome wouldn't have been any different.

I'm no Marine Biologist but I'm pretty sure you can't fight with a sprained vagina, TS :(

I think Chael fucking it up in the last two minutes against Anderson was a huge missed opportunity.

For that matter, Chael was less than 30 seconds from a freak stoppage win against Jones due to the toe injury.

Imagine if he'd gotten luckier in both cases. Chael P. Sonnen, two division champion with wins over prime Silva and Jones. Given that a win over Juicy Jon is probably the best win possible in MMA, and a win over mid-run Anderson isn't far behind, that would be a hell of a resume.

Last edited:
It's up there, I often think that too, same with Alvarez right? didn't he just fight for what was in his contract?

I think Joanna probably feels like she just missed a huge opportunity. To tie RR record, establish herself firmly as the WMMA GOAT. Set up some interesting fights at 125lbs, possibly become a two weight champion, make history.
Then loses to; on paper I will add, her easiest opponent shes fought in the last 2 years. Yeah fights are not fought on paper.

Still in terms of money, this blows it out of the water haha.

I think Chael fucking it up in the last two minutes against Anderson was a huge missed opportunity.

For that matter, Chael was less than 30 seconds from a freak stoppage win against Jones due to the toe injury.

Imagine if he'd gotten luckier in both cases. Chael P. Sonnen, two division champion with wins over prime Silva and Jones. Given that a win over Juicy Jon is probably the best win possible in MMA, and a win over top-form isn't far behind, that would be a hell of a resume.
He would be GOAT

Money isn't the most important thing to RDA, but yes, factually he did miss out on a big pay day.

RDA should retire with some decent money, though; He's had a long, successful career. He may even capture another belt.

Personally, I think he can beat Tyron if he gets past Robby first.

hqdefault.jpg

Back