which loss looks worse on a resume

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Woodley losing to Nate Marqardt

Or

Stipe losing to struve

Both are bad but Woodley losing to Marquardt is worse IMO.

Stipe to Struve.

Marquardt was dangerous back in the day. Struve has never been much more than a punching bag.

Dave Herman, Christian Morecraft, Sean McCorkle, the Ghost of Bogfoot Silva.

That's the caliber of fighter that Struve finishes by strikes.

Marquardt could beat anyone on the night before USADA and father time wrecked his shit.

Stipe to Struve.

Marquardt was dangerous back in the day. Struve has never been much more than a punching bag.

Indeed, I think Woodley caught the very end of Nate's prime years when he was a consistant top guy if not a dominant force. Struve has never beaten anyone close to elite other than Stipe, zombie Nog and Bigfoot don't count.

Depends. What type of job are they applying for?

Yeah wtf is this shit? Marquardt was fucken legit back then. Struve is way worse loss, dude is a career long borderline top 15 guy.
5917749-0938059467-59088.gif

Marquardt was sauced to the tits back in those days

Struve is Struve
He had been knocked out about 35 times at the time he fought Stipe

Marquardt was a contender at a higher weight.

Struve technically was same weightclass

Struve easily. Nate was very legit whereas Struve has always been the go-to example of why reach alone doesn't guarantee success

And the Struve loss has greater implications imo. It's worth noting that in his 2 fights vs opponents with comparable reach (Struve, Reem), Stipe was ko'd then dropped and nearly finished

Marquardt was pretty underrated. Been a while since I've watched the fight, but I remember him giving Anderson a tough fight before Andy hit that nice switch and got the finish.

Nate the great was a beast back in the day, has wins over many notable fighters, considering TWood was green and Nate was prime still (32), I don’t see that as a bad loss at all.

Struve has had decent wins over some big names but he’s mostly came up short against the elite.

I honestly don’t think either loss is really that bad when you consider the timeline in each fighters careers when it occurred.

Its combat sports, even the best lose fights so its probably an irrelevant question. I guess Jones is the only one that can say he never lost a fight.

Marquardt was very good in his day, so Stipe's loss is worse imo

Back