so could gsp have finished guys at 170?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Is the bisping fight proof that he truly did coast and point fight?

Yes. By not going for the finish he upped the % likelyhood of winning and not getting caught by a punch or sub. The pressure was too much for him so he was terrified of making a mistake.

A GSP with no pressure/nothing to lose going all out probably would have finished 75% of his fights.

I don't know, but in my opinion, he should have finished Dan Hardy and Josh Koscheck (the rematch) no problem. Hardy was fish on the ground and Koscheck had only one eye after round 1.

He was fighting the best of the best, in MMAs best division, while they were at their best, in the biggest fights of their lives and careers.

I don't know, but in my opinion, he should have finished Dan Hardy and Josh Koscheck (the rematch) no problem. Hardy was fish on the ground and Koscheck had only one eye after round 1.

The Cyclops was a very fierce mythical beast!

It takes two. Some of the guys he fought were hedging their bets also.

Bisping went all-in

Could have .. Yes ... Would he is another question. I think he likely gets caught in one of his fights if he was trying to finish everyone ( Like Matt Serra Did ). So he wouldn't be in the same position he currently is.

GSP played his cards perfectly.

If only Anderson didn't fail his USADA he could of potentially set up that as his first title defense and then dropped the belt to meet with Conor at 170 for a giant pay day. Which I think was his plan before USADA / Anderson.

Last edited:
Is the bisping fight proof that he truly did coast and point fight?

GSP isn't a guy with "killer instinct". He's admitted himself that, in the past, he's thought twice about dropping "hellbows" onto an opponents face...because of the damage he knows it can do.

So could a fighter with GSP's skills be a crazy finisher with a ruthless killer instinct? Yeah, no fuckin shit. It's just not part of his mindset or who he is. I still appreciate him for his skills and his ability to win, dominantly, while competing within his chosen set of values.

The guys he fought at WW were all better than Bisping

As much as I hate Bisping and think he's just an average fighter...

No, Bisping beats every WW GSP beat. Diaz would be the only one I'd give a chance to win

Hardy. Dude had no ground skills.

As much as I hate Bisping and think he's just an average fighter...

No, Bisping beats every WW GSP beat. Diaz would be the only one I'd give a chance to win
The Carlos condit that fought both GSP or Robbie beats the bisping that fought GSP imo. Agree with everyone else tho.

It's not that easy, every single fight he could have finished, every single fight he could have lost. GSP said it himself, it's like other sports, it's not always the best person/team that wins, it's the one that plays better the day of the match.

The most important is that he came out with the W every time since Serra, but if you consider the fact that many of those fight had near finishes and/or were literally some of the most lopsided championship fights in MMA history, it ain't bad at all, and with 5/13 finishes in championship fight wins for a .384 ratio, it really ain't that bad if you compare it to most other fighters.

The Carlos condit that fought both GSP or Robbie beats the bisping that fought GSP imo. Agree with everyone else tho.

I think both Bisping and GSP looked bad in that fight. I think that Condit could possibly beat that version of Bisping, but not any other version of Bisping

I think both Bisping and GSP looked bad in that fight. I think that Condit could possibly beat that version of Bisping, but not any other version of Bisping
I was happy GSP won, but I 100% agree. And that's why I said the bisping that fought GSP .
I honestly don't know what was wrong with bisping that night.

I was happy GSP won, but I 100% agree. And that's why I said the bisping that fought GSP .

GSP wrestle fucked him years before this when he was a LHW and he was scared of the takedown. GSP knew this and played him like he played everyone. GSP is the best strategic fighter ever and he knows how to put a game plan together and carry it out.

Back to the topic. I believe GSP could have finished many guys but was too nice to break limbs or hurt guys. He knew at the end of the day that this was their job as much as his and he wanted to let them continue to make a living to support themselves and their families. There was no need to hurt them so bad they couldn't provide. He could have broke Dan Hardy's arm off and beat him with it, but you can see GSP let off and coast to that win. That fight said all we needed to know about some of his others. Too Nice!

GSP wrestle fucked him years before this when he was a LHW and he was scared of the takedown. GSP knew this and played him like he played everyone. GSP is the best strategic fighter ever and he knows how to put a game plan together and carry it out.

Back to the topic. I believe GSP could have finished many guys but was too nice to break limbs or hurt guys. He knew at the end of the day that this was their job as much as his and he wanted to let them continue to make a living to support themselves and their families. There was no need to hurt them so bad they couldn't provide. He could have broke Dan Hardy's arm off and beat him with it, but you can see GSP let off and coast to that win. That fight said all we needed to know about some of his others. Too Nice!

[/QUOTE]
rush wasn't nice.

I didn't care either way because the fight didn't make sense and the division was stuck regardless of who won that fight.

But who knows, it could've been anything or it could've been nothing. He didn't make any excuses and I give him props for that.

He didn't respect Bisping's stand up at all, so there's your answer.

Back