So what the hell happened to the SRN?

G

Guestx

I'm trying to figure it out.

I know there was a Beatdown about a week ago with TJ saying shit was getting shut down . . . or something like that. I didn't quite understand what he was saying.

The last podcast available now is from the 6th. I mean, the SRN has long been THE place for MMA broadcasts and they had like seven different shows running or something.

Did the whole thing just collapse? Does anyone know?

It's being scaled back to once a week, but it sounds like TJ De Santis is no longer with the company in a full capacity. It's...surprising, to say the least.

It's being scaled back to once a week, but it sounds like TJ De Santis is no longer with the company in a full capacity. It's...surprising, to say the least.

He was one of the better one.

Shoulda kicked out Breen.

I always like Jack Encarnacion the best.

Everything coming out of TJ's mouth regarding MMA had been negative as hell lately. The only two I'll miss are Anthony and Jordan.

I know TJ mentioned that Beatdown was going to be once a week.

But what about Cheap Seats? What about Buffer's show? What about Florian and Anik's show?

What about the roundtables?

Did Crave just say, "Fuck it, no more podcasts!" or what?

I mean, the SRN was literally that, an entire network of shows.

I always like Jack Encarnacion the best.

I miss the Sunday Sitdown that he used to do.

A few years ago he did an entire multi-episode retrospective on the history of the UFC. I now wish I had saved all of those.

TJ is trying to start his own patreon podcast ( i think )

Gather up some Sherdoggies to repopulate the SRN.

Plenty of knowledgeable people on the forums. And would definitely listen to a @Dragonlordxxxxx podcast about the film & television industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Podcasts are going the Pay-Per-View route.

That is BEYOND pathetic - if you pay for a podcast!

Well, it's a product like any other. I can see why these guys would want to get paid for their talent, time and effort.

I guess it comes down to them either charging for access or doing ads. Personally, I'd rather deal with ads.

I've never actually paid for a podcast and aren't interested in doing so right now, but I don't really blame them for trying.

It will cost approximately 4 million

Back