Looking back are you glad GSP/Bisping happened?

Treeloy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I remember when the fight was announced and I was shocked by the lack of enthusiasm, and down right hate by a lot of people when discussing it. People were trashing Bisping non stop and calling it a bad joke etc.

Well, in my eyes it turned out to be one of the best nights in MMA history. Watching GSP come back after 4 years off and finish Bisping by RNC to win the 185lb belt was worth the money alone. People are going to remember this night for a long time, and it was one of GSP's biggest accomplishments.

Whittaker and Yoel are awesome fighters and I love watching them, but at the end of the day they aren't GSP.

The anticipation of a GSP fight, moving up a weight class, fighting the bigger man, 4 years off, never lost the belt etc. The story is worth as much as the fight itself. When you get a fight like that you feel something that an ordinary fight just isn't going to give you. I was literally bouncing off the walls when GSP/Bisping were about to fight. I am still surprised that everyone didn't feel the same way.

Now that everything is said and done, do you think GSP/Bisping was the best choice afterall? Anyone have a change of heart in hindsight?

Or do you still think it's a joke and should have never happened?

Yes it was a perfect ending to a great card

I am glad GSP won and Bisping got rekt but no Bisping ruined the division for a long time.

No because we got another guy who is probably gonna sit out for a year before defending

yes. Good fight overall. Great to see GSP again. Bisping was good as well.

He is a mad man going back into the octagon next week

I hated it before it happened but it was an awesome fight so im glad it happened. Im looking forward to seeing GSP vs Whittaker

Great ending to the night with the GOAT reclaiming his throne!

Nah

would have preferred Romero

GSP could box a kangaroo on Fox, and I'd be glad it happened. MMA is better with GSP.

I'm glad bisping lost the title, that is all

As long as GSP actually defends then yes, it was the finale of an unforgettable night of fights.

I was stoked for this fight so no, not surprised, motherfuckers.

And despite getting dropped and pummeled with elbows, I got a strong feeling bisping is gonna put it on Kelvin.
It seems like you guys think fighters get punch drunk just from actually scrapping nowadays.
Bisping with a chip on his shoulder is gonna be dangerous.

Amazing card which ended with the GOAT’s triumphant return. What’s not to like?

It was a great fight. I was there live. the only bad part about the potential whitaker fight is that nobody really cares about him. Whitaker and MM were outside of the event with Forrest Griffin on the metro pcs stage and they may have had 20 people there watching them. you easily could have walked right up to the stage and talked with them but nobody cared enough to. MM looks even smaller in person if that was even possible.

I never look back, always looking forward. With that said I'm glad Bisping is not a champ anymore...

It was an easy mark for GSP to get added to that short list of 2D champs.
and I wouldnt rank this one of GSPs "biggest" accomplishments.

but getting the belt out of that blabbermouth's hands. best thing ever.

Back