Chael Sonnen Massacres Colby Haters

Which of these fighters are you a fan of?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Colby Covington has quickly captured the title of mixed martial arts (MMA) villain, as the brash Welterweight doesn’t seem to have a filter when it comes to his mouth and actions ... just ask Brazil.

Indeed, whether it’s insulting an entire nation, his own teammates or massive heavyweights, “Chaos” will take on any and all comers. Still, though, his shtick has been wearing thin on some — even his own employers — while there are a few who can appreciate Covington’s persona, including the original “bad guy” himself, Chael Sonnen.

“I love him, I think he is a ton of fun and I think what Werdum did was a scumbag move. That’s the second time Werdum has done this, let’s not forget that last time he did it was with a 155-pound Tony Ferguson. It’s just really weird,” said Sonnen.

Known for ruffling a few feathers of his own — including Brazilian ones — Sonnen says Covington is doing what he has to do to get noticed and get his time to shine. And he is quick to remind everyone that Covington isn’t doing anything different than anyone else in the past.

“As far as Colby goes, listen man, if you want to make an omelette you have to crack a few eggs. What the hell is he doing wrong? I will remind you, I have known Tyron Woodley from way back when and I saw Tyron do the same thing. He had a different approach, but don’t make any mistake, Tyron stuck his finger in every single chest and used every single microphone he had to to get his opportunity.

“He even said he’d fight his own teammate, he did and he knocked him out,” Sonnen continued. “He wanted to climb the mountain and wouldn’t let anything stop him and Colby is doing the same thing. I don’t think anyone can judge Colby in some unfair light. He’s got his own approach, he is being himself, this isn’t a act as I have known him since he was 11 years old. He grew up two hours away from my front door. He’s been a rough guy his whole life, he’s been wanting to get into UFC since high school, college, he had his dream here he is and he’s want to get some notice and boom. What the hell is wrong with that?”

--mmamania.com

They have a lot of similiarities.

They're both douchebags with Ronda Rousey level striking.

They have to create childish drama for children because nobody actually wants to watch their boring ass lay n pray fights.

The main difference if you ask me is Chael knew how to do it in a funny, clever way. Colby Covington is just too annoying, too stupid, too ugly. Even his name sounds lame.

Chael is lame. West Linn is cupcake shit. He's wolf tickets.

WARdum.

Colby is like the 4th wave of "trash talkers" in MMA, he's at the point now where people are sick of it and he hasn't realised it yet.

Colby GOATington is fucking money and Tyrun has gone running back to Mamma.

11rexqv.gif

Chael is right per usual. South America gonna' South America.

I selected Werdum and Woodley. I don’t like the canned ham beef. I find it disrespectful to the sport. This isn’t a circus like pro-wrestling. At least ideally it’s not. The fights are supposed to be real and the way trash talk is perceived is that it is real also, and not an act. If your whole show is an act, like pro-wrestling there are more liberties one can take in illiciting constructed drama. This is a real sport tho and it shouldn’t be expected that a nation is going to take insults to its culture in general as part of a performance. It’s taken instead as literal and intentional. Cody and Chael are over compensating out of the ring for their under performing in the ring, and they are rightfully hated for their hate talk.

sonnen knows what's up. werdum has ties with a ruthless dictator ffs

blah blah blah Oregonian steroid windbag sticks up for fellow Oregonian windbag

They have a lot of similiarities.

They're both douchebags with Ronda Rousey level striking.

They have to create childish drama for children because nobody actually wants to watch their boring ass lay n pray fights.
Im surprised you aren't their biggest fan .

Chael is the innovator of shit-talking and nation-bashing. GOAT.

I’m not buying Colby wanting to be in the UFC since high school. His hands would be better if true.

I hate Wood, kinda starting to get annoyed with Werdum, not really a Colby fan

So Chael it is, just 'cause I listen to his podcasts and shit like that. Don't always agree with his points, but what he says makes you think

He gives a unique insight on things usually

Back