Joseph Morales vs. Deivison Figueiredo - UFN 125, February

The_Renaissance

Sherdog Bunceweight Champion
@Titanium
Reaction score
MMAJUNKIE, source.

UFC Fight Night 126 in Feb, in Belem Brazil, has its first fight - 125lbs, unbeaten prospects Joseph Morales (9-0, 1-0 UFC) VS. Deivison Figueiredo (12-0, 2-0 UFC).

Love this fight. I get that some fans will hate that a prospect get derailed, but give me the alternative? Morales vs. Moraga and Deivison vs. Reis, both lose, same old faces in the title picture yet again.

You make a compelling enough argument but to me, it's too soon for Morales to be in a fight like this.

You make a compelling enough argument but to me, it's too soon for Morales to be in a fight like this.

I would tend to agree to be honest, Figueiredo should win. Perhaps it would've been better to give Morales someone coming off a loss / close to being cut and it would've been one of the only instances in which I'd support such match-making. But still, it's an exciting fight.

I would tend to agree to be honest, Figueiredo should win. Perhaps it would've been better to give Morales someone coming off a loss / close to being cut and it would've been one of the only instances in which I'd support such match-making. But still, it's an exciting fight.

No doubt it should be an awesome fight. I don't think Morales isn't capable of winning it, I just wonder if it's a bit TOO soon.

i may seem like a casual but

<FookIsThatGuy>

pd: oh it's the flyweights. nevermind

I get that some fans will hate that a prospect get derailed
The only people who complain about prospects getting matched up against each other are idiots.

Want to improve the UFC? EVERY FIGHT SHOULD BE CONTENDERS FIGHTING EACH OTHER.

The only people who complain about prospects getting matched up against each other are idiots.

Want to improve the UFC? EVERY FIGHT SHOULD BE CONTENDERS FIGHTING EACH OTHER.

I may be an idiot in general BUT I do think there's something to not wanting prospects knocking each other off early in their careers. Especially in divisions where there's only so many new names and faces coming up.

I may be an idiot in general BUT I do think there's something to not wanting prospects knocking each other off early in their careers. Especially in divisions where there's only so many new names and faces coming up.
Honeslty, the UFC is so stacked, they put big prospects against each other all the time and nobody notices.

In the last few months we've had fights like:

Figuerido vs Brooks (both undefeated)
Suarez vs Pereira (both undefeated)
Stamann v Duquesnoy
Morales vs Sanchez (both undefeated)
Ortega v Moicano (both undefeated)

Let's be real. Nobody even gave a shit about any of those fights other than Ortega v Moicano.

And shit, I just realized that's what makes this matchup even crazier.

Morales vs Sanchez was 2 undefeateds
Brooks vs Figuerido was 2 undefeateds

Now we're getting Figuerido vs Morales! From 4 0's to 1 0. That's how the UFC should be.

Back