Does a win over a known PED user still count?

Pequeño Corey

Huge For Coreyweight
Platinum Member
Reaction score
For example, people are always citing Bisping's wins over Hendo and Anderson when discussing his legacy. But in the same breath, they'll also say that both of those fighters should be excluded from GOAT discussions for having failed drug tests for PEDs.

You can't have it both ways. If acknowledging that a win over a known cheater is an accomplishment, then you're basically admitting that they were still a good fighter, and as such, they're still worthy of GOAT distinction.

yes it counts

anderson KTFO bisping and won

hendo beat bisping again: watch the paperchamp´s face after the beatdown

GTFO

For example, people are always citing Bisping's wins over Hendo and Anderson when discussing his legacy. But in the same breath, they'll also say that both of those fighters should be excluded from GOAT discussions for having failed drug tests for PEDs.

You can't have it both ways. If acknowledging that a win over a known cheater is an accomplishment, then you're basically admitting that they were still a good fighter, and as such, they're still worthy of GOAT distinction.

A cheater got 98% on the test by writing the answers on his arm, and I got 99%. I tell him, "You cheated and I still got a higher score. I'm a better student than you; I can even beat guys who write the answers on their arm."

How the fuck is that acknowledging that the other guy is also a "good" student and worthy of Valedictorian consideration?

astrex for losing to a ped cheat, double astrex for beating a ped cheat. You get bonus points for beating a science experiment

No win actually counts.

Either you were on peds or the other guy was.... possibly both.

Jesus this place has gotten bad.

Their age and decline were the biggest things that made his wins over Hendo and Anderson less impressive. Hendo wasn't even on PEDs when Bisping beat him, or at least wasn't allowed or got busted.

Yes, of coarse the clean fighter's win over a person who busted is valid. Extra valid for that matter... as they beat someone who was "enhansed."

A cheater got 98% on the test by writing the answers on his arm, and I got 99%. I tell him, "You cheated and I still got a higher score. I'm a better student than you; I can even beat guys who write the answers on their arm."

How the fuck is that acknowledging that the other guy is also a "good" student and worthy of Valedictorian consideration?

False equivalency. Test scores don't precede a legacy, which is a subjective thing to begin with. I like your loose analogy though.

You are a fucking moron.

They are not considered In GOAT discussions because they got there by cheating.

Being able to fight and defeat cheaters like Bisping is more impressive because a clean guy is beating a guy known to cheat to win. He can’t help that half the guys he fights are cheating losers

yes it counts

anderson KTFO bisping and won

hendo beat bisping again: watch the paperchamp´s face after the beatdown

GTFO

All the more reason that I don't understand why people keep mentioning them when discussing Bisping's legacy.

False equivalency. Test scores don't precede a legacy, which is a subjective thing to begin with. I like your loose analogy though.

It goes into your GPA which future school admissions and employers will look at. That legacy is more objective than subjective, but that was the point of the analogy, to simplify the principles at hand.

Hendo wasn't a drug cheat... he used an exemption that was legal and then stopped when the rules changed. The guy was a top-tier UFC into his 40's, and gave the MW Champ a friggin war @ age 46. I am glad they got rid of TRT, but I am not sure we need to penalize Henderson, who complied with the regulations.

I think Anderson Silva is being unfairly treated as well. Silva's positive tests came AFTER the horrific leg injury. His recovery from that leg break was incredible, so the positive test shouldn't be too surprising.

But should we discount what Anderson did during his prime? Sure, it casts doubt, but I am not sure it is fair. I guess it will depend on what happens in the latest positive test. It saddens me that Silva's legacy will have this hanging over him because at one point in time he did things in the ring that boggled the human mind.

Last edited:

It makes the non peds users win even better. No one is saying Andy and JJ arent good. Theyre part of the big 4 but they got there by cheating. You should have thought about it before making this thread.. wow.

I think you're missing the part where PED users became better fighters by using PEDs

Back