"I like to fight and I haven't got the belt anymore, so f--- it. Let's fight." - Michael Bisping.

Defeat Unknown

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What the fuck does that mean? Champions are supposed to refrain from fighting? Now that he's not champion he can fight again?

I know Michael said as a champion they have to be strategic with which fights they take, and I can understand that to an extent, but as champion, he would have made more money fighting Romero than he will as non-champion fighting Kelvin Gastelum, so what was the benefit of not fighting while holding the belt?

This looks to me to be admission that he literally ducked all top MW contenders for 17 months, but for what reason, I don't understand.

He’s basically admitting that he was milking his 15 minutes of fame by fighting Undeserving Contenders in Title Fights.

<{titihmm}>

Bisping's been very transparent with what his intentions were while he had the belt. He wanted the options that would bring him the most money as possible.

giphy-1.gif

When he was Champion he was focused on big money fights. Now he just wants to bang

I believe DC said he averaged like $200,000 more when he was champion so as it pertains to Michael Bisping, I suppose obviously he wanted the least risk for maximum gain.

What the fuck does that mean? Champions are supposed to refrain from fighting? Now that he's not champion he can fight again?

I know Michael said as a champion they have to be strategic with which fights they take, and I can understand that to an extent, but as champion, he would have made more money fighting Romero than he will as non-champion fighting Kelvin Gastelum, so what was the benefit of not fighting while holding the belt?

This looks to me to be admission that he literally ducked all top MW contenders for 17 months, but for what reason, I don't understand.
Because he made the most fighting GSP.

You know, I'm not even mad at this. Let him bang bro. Permission to bang granted.

I'm glad he's no longer champion. Thank you, GSP.

I think he made more in the GSP fight than he would vs romero. And he probably really believed he was going to win that fight too, and wait for his next championship payday. He was playing the game.

I'd like to see champions fight more often but i can't blame him towards the end of his career getting as much as he can out of his belt and big money fights.

Either you don't actually understand this or you are pretending to not understand.

Either way, you're retarded.

He made more money fighting GSP than he ever would have with Romero. The gastulem fight money is now just gravy on top of that.

Last edited:
I understand the GSP fight was a lot of money, because GSP is a big star and will attract a lot of PPV buys.

But by choosing not to fight while champion, with champions earning more money when they fight, it's essentially admitting "I can't beat any of the top MWs so it's better to wait for the biggest name".

Fighting more = more money.

He didn't opt to lose the belt and fight gastelum over Romero. He opted to fight GSP over Romero while having the belt. Your argument is weird.

Makes sense to me. There were very few big money fights he could've gotten, and he made his retirement money off of the GSP fight. He's only got a few fights left, and with no pressure on defending, he can just go throw leather and enjoy what time he has left.

Back