Khabib as champion is what UFC need to grow market in east world

Seaside

Caudillo
Banned
Reaction score
I picture khabib selling out 50,000 seat in moscow and brining mma to the islamic world.

1.7 billion muslims and growing.
300 million russian speakers

Khabib as champ is useless if he fights once every 2-3 yrs.

A scale making, anti Ramadan, injury free Khabib would be a scary son of a bitch.

Yeah, I'm sure they'd love to have a champ that fights once every two years. Perfect way to break into the market.

NOBODY in Europe will buy PPVs.

NOBODY. No Russians, no Germans, No French, nobody.
PPV doesn't work here.

WME needs TV-deals here or they will not make revenue, internationally.

khabib as champ would be awful for wme's pockets.

another champ that barely fight once a year.

yep, I don't see anything wrong here.

That's why they're breaking into Asia specifically China. China has the most people with actual MMA and kickboxers.

Khabib is not the only successful Islam fighter. And not all Islam are the same. There's also race Islam. So the only fans he will be drawing from are Russian Muslims.

Asian countries like China is much more united. Look at Long Yi, Yao Ming or Jeremy Lin. Everyone was watching them. We need a Chinese superstar.

Not to mention Islam is the religion of peace, so they wouldn't watch a violent sport like MMA anyways.

I picture khabib selling out 50,000 seat in moscow and brining mma to the islamic world.

1.7 billion muslims and growing.
300 million russian speakers
Khabib fighting more then once a year to a year and a half is what Khabib needs.

I'm thankful that Khabib only fight once every leap year, he's a bore.

And no, we don't need Khabib being favoured to reach the belt not even if that would bring peace to the world.

Can't remember the reporter but someone said Khabib is kind of unpopular among the general Russian MMA fan. It's why when the UFC was trying to move into Russia, Khabib was seldom seen in video packages.

Do scales work differently in the east?

Are kilos more relative than pounds?

Kabib has problems that transcend the Cardinal points , North, South, East, and West.

UI83ZyT.jpg

I think they need to expand in waterworld and barter town before they make a dent in east world

he would actually HAVE TO FIGHT to be successful. I don't know who would be a worse champion, Cain or Khabib

that one time ever year or 2 that he fights better be worth it... lol....

Khabib will never be champ. He doesnt fight enough and would get wrecked by divisions top wrestlers which is why he picks strikers who can't do anything once he grabs them. His last 3 fights are style mismatches after Tibau exposed him he wants no wrestlers. Geathje, Lee and Ferg all beat him.

Then you have fact he only fights in leap years so he'll be an old man by time he gets title even if he somehow beats those guys I said he could not beat.

He'll beat the shit out of Barboza then Geathje is getting push so once he runs into that brick wall he's out of contention IMO.

Last edited:
Back