Lineker steps in for Cruz to face Rivera!

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Didn't see it posted on here but MMA bulletin on FB said it's on and they're a good source. This is actually the fight I wanted and I think Lineker takes it.

In the words of Carlos Condit, it's gonna be a dogfight.

i saw that and thought it got rebooked for 2018

Hm good fight but I would have preferred Garbrandt vs Lineker early 2018.

Hm good fight but I would have preferred Garbrandt vs Lineker early 2018.

I almost like this fight more tbh. I think Lineker would walk Garbrandt down and blast him to sleep. Anyone who stands and bangs with Lineker will lose, including Garbrandt.

Would much rather see Lineker vs Cruz, but this is gonna be a great fight.

Not bad. It's hard to replace Cruz but Lineker will make it fun

Dope fight. Going with Chimmie

Would much rather see Lineker vs Cruz, but this is gonna be a great fight.

Fuck no, I don't wanna see Cruz's back fat flopping around as he's awkwardly dancing a mile away from Lineker just to come in and try to land a punch that wouldn't break a wet piece of toilet paper.

Let Rivera and Lineker bang.

Garbrandt x Lineker

And

Rivera x Assuncao

were the the fights to make.

I almost like this fight more tbh. I think Lineker would walk Garbrandt down and blast him to sleep. Anyone who stands and bangs with Lineker will lose, including Garbrandt.

I am not sure about the outcome of the fight but it would be very interesting in seing how Garbrandt deals with him. We have seen TJ against any type of fighter and know well how he adapts / fights against swarmers, distance runners :D, heavy punchers..

With Garbrandt there are some questions open and Lineker would imo be the perfect lithmus test. Can Cody stay light on the feet and dismantle Lineker by superior skill or does Lineker get in and put him down. I do see the fight pretty even matched with an advantage towards Cody if he can fight smart.

To develop a fitting strategy is the responsibility of TAM headcoach. An area were they are serious lacking.

Out of Lineker and Assuncao, Lineker is the easier fight and bigger name, so I'm not surprised that Rivera picked him.

Out of Lineker and Assuncao, Lineker is the easier fight and bigger name, so I'm not surprised that Rivera picked him.
Actually, Rivera said on the MMA Hour that he has no preference who he fights in replacement of Cruz, but if he had to pick, he would pick Assuncao...

Back