Why WME buying the UFC was the best decision they ever made

Scheme

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I come to these forums and I often hear about how WME made the worst business deal in recent history.

These people couldn't be more wrong.

UFC is rapidly growing, at a rate faster than any other sport.

UFC is global, not everyone knows the rules of baseball or cricket, but everyone knows the rules of fighting.

UFC is timeless, men have been fighting for the entire six thousand years we've been on this planet. Something as trivial as basketball could suddenly lose it's popularity because it is a trivial game, throw a ball in a hoop to get points. Fighting is more than that. Fighting is a way of life.

UFC is video game. UFC video games are constantly getting bigger & better and outperform other AAA games.

So let this lesson teach you that you are wrong when you say things without research like WME made a big mistake. In my opinion, WME made the best deal of their lives.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Sarcastic-Laugh.gif

Any stats or articles to back any of that up? Otherwise, I think I'm going to write you off as a post-count whore from here on out.

Any stats or articles to back any of that up? Otherwise, I think I'm going to write you off as a post-count whore from here on out.

Dude, men have been fighting for the entire six thousand years we've been on this planet.

The entire six thousand years!

What more do you need?

Dana said that it was the fastest growing sport.

UFC is obviously global just look at what Dana said and viewer demographics.

Fighting has always been around just look at cavemen.

UFC is a video game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Sports_UFC_2

Dana said that it was the fastest growing sport.

UFC is obviously global just look at what Dana said and viewer demographics.

Fighting has always been around just look at cavemen.

UFC is a video game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Sports_UFC_2

Dana said it was the fastest growing sport once upon a time (in the Liddell-era UFC) and clung to that statement ever since. What's your proof?

Again, what's your evidence for these demographics?

Fighting has been around forever. What does that have to do with anything? Most people don't have a fucking clue what their watching. Do you think BJJ is obvious to the untrained eye?

And no shit it's a video game. Where's your evidence it's outperforming other AAA titles? Didn't even break the top 20 according to your article, which is pretty sad with how much money EA puts behind it.

Like I said, you're just post whoring. You've provided nothing of substance.

I come to these forums and I often hear about how WME made the worst business deal in recent history.

UFC is global, not everyone knows the rules of baseball or cricket, but everyone knows the rules of fighting.

UFC is timeless, men have been fighting for the entire six thousand years we've been on this planet. Something as trivial as basketball could suddenly lose it's popularity because it is a trivial game, throw a ball in a hoop to get points. Fighting is more than that. Fighting is a way of life.

UFC is video game. UFC video games are constantly getting bigger & better and outperform other AAA games.

So let this lesson teach you that you are wrong when you say things without research like WME made a big mistake. In my opinion, WME made the best deal of their lives.

6000 years we ve been on this planet?...Oh dear another one...

So this thread is the opposite of 'ufc is dying bro'. Hmm I think I prefer the latter

That's some epic logic twisting...

giphy.gif

UFC is timeless, men have been fighting since aliens came and created us by splicing their DNA with the indegenous primates on this planet. Something as trivial as basketball could suddenly lose it's popularity because it is a trivial game, throw a ball in a hoop to get points. Fighting is more than that. Fighting is a way of life.

FIFY

Back