Woodley Ready for Colby: Vows to End His Career! (Wants Him Expelled from UFC)

Woodley vs. Colby

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Colby Covington has not been shy about his intentions to fight Tyron Woodley for the UFC welterweight title. And so far, he has been going about his campaign like many in the UFC attempt when calling for a title shot: trash talk.

Woodley, for his part, has not been too reactive to Covington until Monday’s episode of The MMA Hour. First, he criticized Colby’s methods of self-marketing.

“When you’ve got a person who, he had 5,000 followers until he disrespected an entire country, he doesn’t quite put himself on that same radar,” Woodley said (via MMA Fighting). “When you’ve got a person who fabricates and makes up stories — Chael Sonnen was good at it, Michael Bisping is good at it, Conor McGregor is the best at it. If you’re going to go that road, at least sound right. Don’t, on one hand, be (saying), ‘I’m this tough guy,’ and your script sounds stupid.”

“Fans want to see blood and knockouts. They don’t want to see some guy just take somebody down over and over again. So I just find it really corny. And yeah, it’s worked, he talked himself into the Demian Maia and Dong Hyun Kim (fights), two guys I (beat). I wrote the book on Maia; he went out and checked it out at the library. Checked the book out, read it, and went out there and got bloodied by a jiu-jitsu guy.

“Now he thinks he’s going to fight for a title. Sit down somewhere. He’s embarrassing himself.”

Woodley also chimed on the scuffle between Covington and Fabricio Werdum in Sydney last week, and for him, harsher punishments should be imposed.

“He should be kicked out of the UFC. Make that the headline,” Woodley said. “Tyron Woodley says Colby Covington should be kicked out of the UFC for pressing charges for somebody air tossing a boomerang in a plastic bag at his shoulder.”

As for a possible fight against Covington, Woodley simply gave the younger fighter the old “be careful what you wish for” advice.

“He’s doing what he feels he needs to do to try to get (a title shot), but I’m telling you, sometimes people ask for something and it’s something that they don’t want,” Woodley said. “If he actually gets himself in position to be across the Octagon with me — one, two, three, whatever fights it takes him to get there — I promise you that it’s not going to end well for him. He’s never going to fight again.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...y-covington-welterweight-title-fight-mma-news

Clickbait title!

"Woodley is ready for Colby".

What in a fight? He didn't mention that on the MMA Hour which you just re posted.

he would wait a year to see if the UFC give him push or not, Woodley wanna make buck, therefor he'll go after guys like GSP/Diaz not Colby, he knows what kind of risks comes with facing the elite competition, with him holding a reward. The only way he'l be facing Colby is if they are co-main to a Conor main event, or if the UFC basically use their stick and force him to fight Colby.

“Tyron Woodley says Colby Covington should be kicked out of the UFC for pressing charges for somebody air tossing a boomerang in a plastic bag at his shoulder.”

Goddamnit, Tyron. It was this easy to make me a fan :)

“Tyron Woodley says Colby Covington should be kicked out of the UFC for pressing charges for somebody air tossing a boomerang in a plastic bag at his shoulder.”
Lol.

giphy.gif

Woodley KO's Covington inside 2 rounds and Covington calls the police on him shortly after.

DPIOLOMW0AA2btU.jpg:large

Last edited:
Woodley contradicts himself with almost every sentence.

woodley stop being retarded and take the fight. he's the biggest money fight you can ever have because you won't ever get mcgregor, gsp or whatever because no one gives a fuck about you. so colby is your money fight. he's disliked by VAST majority of the MMA fanbase, especially brazilians. you beating up this heel would make you have quite a bump on popularity if you play it right, I believe. the good guy vs the bad guy

if you don't want to fight him, you're either 2 things here:

1. really dumb, because he's supposedly an easy fight and you don't want to fight him, a guy that would give you a boost in your popularity and is the biggest money fight you can have (because no one gives a fuck about you)
2. you're afraid to fight him because what colby said about breaking you in training was true

the ball is in your court, woodley

I'd root for Tyron over Colby. He's a better fighter, more well-spoken and more explosive with his punching power. Plus, Colby is getting really annoying and has worthless letters in his name.

Only if Al Sharpton enters the arena with lawsuit in tow, is Colby's career over.

I very much dislike Colby Covington but Tyron Woodley is really a terrible champion IMHO, very overrated, with a very safe attitude to who he chooses to fight and how he fights.

I really dislike what Tyron Woodley is doing to the Welterweight division. Then again its a testament to the lack of current talent that he remains champion. I think when he goes down he will go down very hard though. Once a serious contender shows up, it will be the end. Could even be GSP if he decides to go back down.

"I wrote the book on Maia; he went out and checked it out at the library. Checked the book out, read it, and went out there and got bloodied by a jiu-jitsu guy. "

“If he actually gets himself in position to be across the Octagon with me — one, two, three, whatever fights it takes him to get there — I promise you that it’s not going to end well for him. He’s never going to fight again.”

<{anton}>

That well spoken thing... He's got some ring rust.

Loser leaves town match?

Who's Convington gonna train with now that he's offended a large portion of his camp?

I very much dislike Colby Covington but Tyron Woodley is really a terrible champion IMHO, very overrated, with a very safe attitude to who he chooses to fight and how he fights.

I really dislike what Tyron Woodley is doing to the Welterweight division.
[<pa2]

Do you only watch the WW division? Or have you not paid attention to MW, LW, and previously FW?
Cause it sounds like your problem should be more with a couple other guys than the dude who ends up fighting whoever the UFC chooses.

Last edited:
Is this the first time Tyrone said something I actually liked? Wow.

He doesn't get to choose his fights. Lol he's not Bisping or Conor.

Just imagine they fought and Colby somehow managed to win. What a huge heel attraction he could become if he was champ and continued his racist trashtalk. I imagine Conor would jump at a welterweight shot if colby had the title. The PPV buys would be off the chart if colby could rile up all of Ireland like he did Brazil. Too bad colby probably loses if he fights woodley.

Back